Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify music stops randomly on Google nest mini 2nd generation

Solved!

Spotify music stops randomly on Google nest mini 2nd generation

Plan

Family Premium

Device

Google nest mini 2nd generation

I have a problem with spotify on my google nest mini, it keeps stopping music randomly for some seconds, is like the music is paused then it start over again on the same part of the song it was stopped, on my mobile phone(samsung s20+) I can see that on the spotify player the bar of the songs keeps moving like nothing happens, but the speaker is not playing anything.

I've already troubleshot with Google assistance and we can see that this only happens with spotify, the radio, youtube and the rest apps there is not that issue.

We have tried all the troubleshooting steps possible from the google side like, reboot, factory reset, unlink/link the spotify account, but nothing works.

I hope you can help me with that is really annoying and is giving me a really bad experience, for all other devices like my car, my Bluetooth speaker there is no problem.

I would appreciate any help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Dlealama,

Thanks for your reply on this topic!

Our suggestion for you is to still to try an log in a different Spotify account (ask a friend or a family member) and to see if the issue is present as well on that other account when trying to stream music on your Nest Mini. This is important because Connect is our internal feature, which is rather different from the Bluetooth technology and it is related to your personal Spotify account.

Also in this similar thread here, there are plenty of tips to try out, so you can also check them out to see if something will do the trick for you.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @Dlealama,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome the Community!

It is very good that you have done a fair bit of the recommended troubleshooting already, but we'd also recommend to do a clean reinstall of the Spotify app, to be sure you are running the latest version. If this does not resolve the situation, a screenshot or a short video will be very helpful, so we can check it out and help you further. 

Does this happen to all content that you trying to play or does it occurs only with a particular type? Does the situation repeat itself when linking with other Spotify accounts or only with yours?

We'd recommend checking out this page to see how you can log out all devices that are connected to your account and change your password, just to be sure that the account itself is not causing this.

Also be sure that you are having a stable Internet connection when streaming on your Google Nest Mini, because a similar issue as yours was solved here. Check it out!

Keep us posted, so we can help you further. 

ElenaModerator

Hi Elena,

Thank you for your help, I forgot to mention I tried also the clean restart, even I changed my phone recently and is happening the same with my new samsung s20+, I just hear music on spotify from my playlists or whatever cool playlist I find and is happening always, I don't have any other account for testing but I doubt is an account issue since when using my phone connected to Bluetooth to any other device it works perfectly good.
I also tried login out all the devices from spotify account (I use facebook to login so I don't know if changing the password will make a change).
I captured the issue in a video and took a speedtest after to evidence good connectivity (I did the test 40 cm away from the router with 5G wifi connection!)

Notice that the issue happens at the second 20 and 5s later the song is resumed

Marked as solution

Hey @Dlealama,

Thanks for your reply on this topic!

Our suggestion for you is to still to try an log in a different Spotify account (ask a friend or a family member) and to see if the issue is present as well on that other account when trying to stream music on your Nest Mini. This is important because Connect is our internal feature, which is rather different from the Bluetooth technology and it is related to your personal Spotify account.

Also in this similar thread here, there are plenty of tips to try out, so you can also check them out to see if something will do the trick for you.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

ElenaModerator

Hi Elena,
I tried with my brother's account and it worked without problem, is definitely the account, really weird, thanks for your help! 😄

Hi @Dlealama,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

In this case, since everything is working with another account, we suggest you create a new one here and test it on your Google Nest. 

If it keeps working properly, you can transfer all your playlists and saved songs using this guide. 

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator

I think I’m having a really similar issue to this. Sometimes it plays flawlessly from my Spotify account, and sometimes it stops randomly either for short or long periods of time. It usually still acts like it’s playing on my phone, but there’s nothing coming through the speakers. 

If this is an account issue, can something be done to fix my account? I’ve had the same account forever and I’d really rather not switch it to a new one. Seems like there must be some sort of fix to the account on Spotify’s end. 

Hi there @Marrim42,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

To start with, can you have someone log in with their account - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists?

It would also be great if you can let us know:

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey Jeremy!

Thank you for responding. 🙂 

So I did have my husband use his account recently on the Google Home group and he did not have the same issues I've been having. 

I'm using an iPhone 13 Pro on 15.6.1

My Spotify version is: 8.7.68.568

Hi there @Marrim42,

Thanks for the post.

If you don't want to switch accounts, there are a few other things you can test out that could be causing the issues.

One of them is your network connection. Try bringing all connected devices closer to the router if possible, as sometime the stream might be interrupted due to poor connectivity or due to too many devices on the same network.

Let us know if that make a difference.

AlexModerator

They're already really close - literally within a room of the router. And we don't have issues with the connection on any other devices. 

I'm confused about how this is Spotify account specific and yet unfixable? 

Hey there @Marrim42

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that to check if the issue is network-related. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts