Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify no longer connects to Sonos speakers

Solved!

Spotify no longer connects to Sonos speakers

About two days ago (Aug 8th 2019), Spotify no longer connects to my Sonos speakers.  This has been working up until then.

Logged in to Spotify, I see my Sonos speakers, try to connect and nothing happens.  Using Apple phone, Windows 10 Surface.  Neither work.

Removed the Spotify service on Sonos and re-added.  Restarted both devices, reset the Sonos speakers (unplugged, replugged).  Nothing seems to work. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 6 and Surface Pro WIndows 10.

Operating System

iOS 12.4, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That unfortunately did not solve it for me. 

However allowing mobile data did resolve it on my iPhone. See: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Bug-Spotify-connect-not-working-when-Spotify-is-lim...

For family members with an Android phone the problem persists. 

View solution in original post

56 Replies

I am having the same issue. Power cycled router and speaker, reinstalled Spotify and Sonos apps, removed and added Spotify service back to Sonos app. Trying to control with iPhone X.

Same issue 

Facing the same issue as well. I can play Spotify thru the Sonos app but not via Web Player, Windows Desktop App and iOS app. 

Someone on the Sonos boards posted this, and it worked for me:

Remove Spotify from the services in the Sonos app, wait 10mins, and add Spotify back to the services (I didn't add it back until the next day because I forgot about it).

Marked as solution

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Bug-Spotify-connect-not-working-when-Spotify-is-lim...

@heer2351 wrote:

Your link to enable mobile data works for my iPhone as well. Thanks for sharing the link. After the app is able to locate the Sonos speaker I turned off mobile data and it continues to work and even works on the desktop app.

Spotify please fix this bug ASAP!

@gtrat35 wrote:

Someone on the Sonos boards posted this, and it worked for me:

Remove Spotify from the services in the Sonos app, wait 10mins, and add Spotify back to the services (I didn't add it back until the next day because I forgot about it).

Nope it didn't work for me but I'm glad it did for you. Cheers.

I tried this, even waiting a couple of hours before re-adding the Spotify service to Sonos app and it did not work for me.

Ah!  Allowing Spotify to use Cellular data works!  It's just a workaround and I hope Spotify fixes this soon.  

Allowing Cellular data for Spotify works.  Hoping Spotify rectifies this bug soon, but for now this works.

Thanks all,

Sylvie

This worked for me! Finally! 🙂 I also noticed that if you don't download offline content then the sonos speakers stay.. 

Guess just have to be careful with Cell data now. 

Spotify please fix your app!! 

This works for me. Thank you so much.

This just started happening to me and this fix doesn’t work, any other ideas? 

Came to this thread because this is suddenly happening to me as well, music stopped playing around 3 hours ago and now every time I try to play it just says "Spotify failed to connect". Android phone (Google pixel 3), this has been working for me for approximately six years with no problems.

I am having the exact same issue. I got it to connect once from an iPad about five minutes ago but lost it. 

It does not work from iPhone, macOS, or iPad. 

That did not work for me.

That did not work for me either.  I have 2 Sonos 1 speakers that were working perfectly and all of a sudden yesterday jus stopped. I've tried all possible fixes here but nothing is working. It works through the Sonos app but not through Spotify. What is the deal?? Anyone? 

iPhone 11

I went into Settings > Services & Voice > Spotify > Reauthorize Account and that seemed to fix my problems briefly last night, but the issue is returning again this morning.

Reupping that I'm having the exact same issue, and on this same timeframe. Google Pixel 3a; Windows 10; Sonos App -- nothing connects to Spotify. Like one of the previous posters, I got a connection for like 15 minutes that then--just as suddenly--went away. I've rebooted the rerouter; removed and reinstalled the Spotify service from the app; reauthorized the service through the app. When I ask for Spotify I still get, "[long pause]," phrase of success ("alright, here's the Spotify playlist called XYZ,"), followed immediately by "Sorry, I couldn't reach Sonos."

I've had the speakers for about two months and this has worked great that whole time until now.

Suggested posts