Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not available on HT-F5530 / Samsung Smart TV?

Solved!

Spotify not available on HT-F5530 / Samsung Smart TV?

Hi there,

I have a brand new HT-F5530 and hoped that it will support playing my spotify songs... but actually I found no app to do so.

Firmware is up to date. Is this model not supported yet?

Thx & regards

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Correct - spotify simply allow hardware partners to use their spotify.lib to develop thir own apps and, this would be made available through the firmware. Most likely, no one is going to tell you what is planned for the future though - usually they prefer to keep future releases secret from us.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Samsung make the Spotify app for thier products. Have you spoken to their support staff?

Yes, they told me to ask Spotify... 😕

That's silly - surely they can say whether they have included Spotify in the firmware for one of their products or not?

Well they told me to contact the app author. May I should repeat my question to eventually receive another answer then...

But: definitely Spotify is included in the firmware and not provided by Spotify as an app, right?

Marked as solution

Correct - spotify simply allow hardware partners to use their spotify.lib to develop thir own apps and, this would be made available through the firmware. Most likely, no one is going to tell you what is planned for the future though - usually they prefer to keep future releases secret from us.

Sure.. Then let's hope they will provide an app... 😕

Suggested posts