Premium

Country
Panama

Device

(iPhone X)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

Today Spotify connect stop connecting to my denon AVR-X4400H. Yesterday everything was fine. Today it still is listed as an available device to connect, but when selecting it just stays “connecting” and nothing happens. I’ve tried on iPhone and iPad and nothing. Tried using HEOS music and a message of “Denon can not connect to Spotify, try again later “ is what I get. I resented the WiFi network and resetee the network settings of the Denon but nothing. I can still stream/play music from other media sources on the Denon, so it is not an issue of the AVR. 
Any advice ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @andresbaezg

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind taking a look here and checking if there are any updates available for your Denon device at the moment? Updating your device's firmware could do the trick in this case.

As a heads-up, it'd also be great to double-check your Iphone's operating system as well as the Spotify app are up-to-date.

We'll look out for your reply and be here if we can help any further!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @andresbaezg

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind taking a look here and checking if there are any updates available for your Denon device at the moment? Updating your device's firmware could do the trick in this case.

As a heads-up, it'd also be great to double-check your Iphone's operating system as well as the Spotify app are up-to-date.

We'll look out for your reply and be here if we can help any further!

Mario Moderator

Thank you Mario, I think updating the Denon did the trick 

Hey @andresbaezg,

Thanks for your updates.

Glad to hear the suggestion helped 🙂

We'll be here if there's anything else we can do at any time!

Mario Moderator

The only thing that worked for me was to delete spotify app on my android phone and reinstalled it. Worked perfectly after that

Hey there @MyMyHeyHey,

Thanks for posting on this thread and welcome to the Community!

We're glad to know that it was sorted out and thanks for sharing what worked for you, as it might help other users too.

If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

same issue, no updates currently available, and no updates loaded between when it was working and it randomly stopping today - Spotify, Denon AVR-X3500H, Android Pixel 6... it was working yesterday and now just continuously flashes "Connecting..." but never connects

Same issue. Denon AVR-X2600H firmware up to date.

Samsung S21FE 5G. Was working before and now flashes "Connecting..." but never connects.

Same issue. Denon AVR-X3500H firmware up to date.

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Was working before and now flashes "Connecting..." but never connects.

Same issue (flashing "connecting"). There was a firmware update today, but after that I can't get it to connect. I am running Spotify from my Windows computer and switching back and forth has not been a problem. I disconnected power and the LAN (wired) and reconnected. Closed Spotify on the computer and rebooted. No help.  I had this problem briefly once in the past, but after fooling around shutting things off and turning back on it somehow managed to work again. This time, not so much.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Can you please check if the issue persists when the two devices are connected to a different network (e.g. a hotspot on your phone)? Also, can you please let us know what troubleshooting steps you've tried (if you haven't already)?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

It's almost impossible to start a stream on Spotify Connect on my Denon AVR-X2700H. It either blinks "connecting" until it finally gives up or appears to start the stream, then immediately stops. I have to hit "play" and select the AVR multiple times (5-10) to finally start playing. This happens the same on the phone or in the Windows 11 Spotify app (both up to date, same as AVR). This is so annoying that I might just give up spotify connect and use bluetooth instead. 

Hey @crisagatie,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We'd suggest you reach out directly to the support team from Denon about this. Firmware updates on receivers/speakers and app updates from Spotify's end sometimes get out of tune which might cause this behavior.

If even after that you're experiencing issues while streaming via the Connect feature - check out this help page for further troubleshooting.

We always work on improving the user's experience and we advise that you keep your Spotify up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope this helps. Take care 🙂 

LyubkaModerator

thanx for replying, but as others have pointed out before me, we're tired of being ping-ponged between spotify and denon support. shoving half-baked solution up our throats leaves a bad taste. just go and offer an app like other streaming services and be done with it, this spotify connect thing is an abomination and never worked, never will. also spotify NEVER worked to improve anything, let alone the poor user experience you brag about.

My Spotify is not connecting too. Yesterday it did connect, today nothing, I tried everything, checked all the settings , network , updates.  I did all the solutions above, and still it does not work. no connection, it's trying, but never connects. Any suggestions?

Same problem here with my Denon AVR and Spotify Connect. My workaround was first to connect Spotify on my iPhone via Airplay to the Denon AVR instead, and then again through Spotify Connect. That solved the issue!

Same issue.  What worked was unplugging the AVR for 30 seconds and plugging back in and turning on the AVR.  My S760H showed back up in Spotify a few seconds later. 

Suggested posts