Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not getting logged on Amazon fire tv. Already tried reinstalling

Spotify not getting logged on Amazon fire tv. Already tried reinstalling

Spotify not getting logged on Amazon fire tv. Already tried reinstalling. Tried verification by code, password method
6 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• The exact makes, models and OS/Firmware versions of all your affected devices
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • When did this start happening?
  • Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Me too.

Cleared data and uninstalled/reinstalled. 

Happened after tv was updated to Fire OS 6.2.9.4 (NS6294/4339)

FIRE TV HOME VERSION: 6420030.1

MODEL:

INSIGNIA_NS-39DF510NA19

Login screens appear and tried connecting from mobile app on Android. It shows Connecting with no resolution. Devices on the same network. Used code from browser with no success. 

Spotify version 1.73.3

Hey @PLBlum,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info sent.

Even if this could be related to the firmware update you mentioned and just to make sure, could you check if your router has dual band networks? If so, make sure both devices are connected to the same band (2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz) and try again to see if it makes any difference.

If so and the issue persists, would you mind checking with a different Wi-Fi connection? If you don't have another one, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it on. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

Let me clarify as this seems unrelated to WIFI. 

1. Used the code which brings up a web browser page. It did not fix the problem.

2. The normal login screen in the TV's Spotify app v1.73.3 shows my name and photo in a circle button. I normally can select that button and it logs in. 

Now when i select, no action is taken. Other buttons on the same screen work.

Reminder that i have reinstalled and no longer have the same prompt with my name.

I have only the one wifi network. It supports both 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz, via a Fios router. The phone and tv are both using 5 Ghz.

There were no network changes to the tv or router at the time ot started to fail.

Hey @PLBlum,

Thank you for your swift response.

We appreciate all the details you sent and your cooperation. To have a better look at the issue, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

Also, to check if it could be account-related, is it possible to try to log in with a different account to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have a different account, you can create a new one just for testing purposes with a different email here.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

I had the same problem in the end went to live chat Sean was very helpful sent him photos of TV screen but the end of the day uninstalle

Suggested posts