Announcements

Spotify not registering tracks played through Sonos

Spotify not registering tracks played through Sonos

Spotify sent me my "top songs 2016" or what it believes I have been listening to most during the past year. It tells me I have played spotify for 44,166 minutes, listening to 4950 unique tracks. The resulting "top tracks" are lovely but sadly entirely wrong. It seems to only list those songs I have listened to on my phone - and these are a small minority. of the stated 736 hours I have played, I would say I have used my phone to play from spotify for maybe 100 hours. Most of my Spotify listening ocurs on my Sonos, and 736 hours actually feels light, although I do also listen to a lot of radio. So what? Well, if Spotify's system fails to register all of the tracks I am playing through Sonos, then presumably royalties are not being paid to those artists - several of whom I play wayyyy more than the ones that have appeared in my "top tracks". I know all this for a fact but wont go into the whys and wherefores as it involves a personal tragedy. It does worry me however as I would not like to think the artists are not benefitting from this wonderful platform. Perhaps an explanation can be provided?

0 Replies

Suggested posts