Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not work on my Roku TV

Spotify not work on my Roku TV

Hi everyone! 

So I’ve been using Spotify on my Roku TV for awhile now but about a week ago every time I click on the app to go into it, it shows the main screen and then closes out of the app. Is anyone else having this issue? Please help! 

4 Replies

I have the same exact issue. I always used the Spotify app on my Roku TV and had no issue, but about 1-2 weeks ago every time I open the app it closes right away. I contacted Roku and they said it’s an issue with the Spotify app. So now I don’t know what to do. Can Spotify fix the issue already? It’s been almost 2 weeks

I’m with you on that! It’s so annoying, I had to download the app on my PlayStation just to play music through the tv which is my preferred way to listen to it. But having the app on a different platform just adds a ton of extra steps. I hope Spotify fixes it as soon as possible 

Hey there @callies16 and @Nikibsharifi,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

This sounds like the issue described in this Ongoing Issue thread. If so, rest assured that our teck teams are aware and looking into this at the moment. 

In that case, we'd recommend following the steps in the status update in that thread and subscribing to it to stay updated on any news we have to pass on.

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can lend a hand with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I have the same problem but more specifically , a ROKU message states that I don’t have enough room and to delete some channels. I have almost no channels other than the SPECTRUM app. I deleted a few channels and no change. I deleted the SPOTIFY app, reinstalled it, no change. All channels and ROKU are up to date. ROKU Obviously an issue but apparently not to important to solve by the companies that can.

Suggested posts