Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Boxee box

Spotify on Boxee box

I just got a new Boxee box so I'm still figuring it out but I'm wondering a couple things about how Spotify works on it. First, I've noticed that user names are just numbers. Is this a bug or does the user account number only ever appear? It makes it very hard to search through my friends playlists and whatnot. 

The other thing I was wondering is about being able to listen to music offline on the Spotify app on Boxee. I have a DLNA server set up so that all of my media can be shared and Boxee connects to it. I've not specifically added my music to the Boxee file browser because it's kind of clunky to navigate and I'd rather use Spotify anyway, but I was wondering since there is both a DLNA server and USB support on the box, if there's any way to make it so I can listen to my weird Finnish music in Spotify on my Boxee box. 

Thanks!

2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

As far as I am aware, it will only display account numbers since the boxee (and other partner applications) don't have Facebook connectivity like the main Spotify clients do. 

Also, to my knowledge (but I don't have one) there is no way to playback local tracks inside the Spotify application. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks so much for your quick answer! 

That kinda stinks but it's still pretty great to be able to use Spotify on my Boxee box so I'm not complaining too much. I just want ALL the things to work. 

Suggested posts