Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Kindle Fire appears to be working, but won't play songs or search

Spotify on Kindle Fire appears to be working, but won't play songs or search

Hello! 

Getting very frustrated - I have been using spotify all day. I turned my Kindle off when I went out, came back and logged in. It all seems to be in order, however, I can't search - it just says "Ooops, something went wrong. Try Again" to no avail. I can press songs to play but they don't start, they just stay frozen at 00:00. I have managed to get one song to play after numerous skips. I am fully connected to internet, I have logged in and out, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted my kindle - why won't it work!?

2 Replies

Go onto your kindles settingsn(not spotify) and check your internet and try turning it on and off. If everything else that requires wifi has stopped working try forgetting your internet network and than putting in your wifi password again. If this doesn't work make sure that your spotify isn't offline. Go to the your your library(it should be bottom right)  than settings (top right) playback. Than make sure that the offline option is toggled off. 

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have tried all this, and then installed spotify on my computer, to have exactly the same problem - is it something to do with my account? I have had to create a new account, where songs will play fine [☹]

Suggested posts