Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Philips SMART-TV 42PFL5008T !!!

Solved!

Spotify on Philips SMART-TV 42PFL5008T !!!

Yes please, I purchased 42" Smart-TV from Philips with Ambilight and can I ask is there Spotify app in? If not, when it will be available !!!

I watch soon Netflix Super HD from this TV and I would like Spotify too 😉 This model have Built-in wifi so I can connect it to my Dual Carrier router with data plan up to 21 Mbps (Unlimited mobile network). Also it would be good to watch movies in big screen, my laptop is only 15".

Oh my model number is this: Philips 42" 3D Smart LED-TV 42PFL5008T

42PFL5008T.jpeg

Tell me now or never is there Spotify here or coming !!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@MUSICAPAPI wrote:

Hi Singamer,

New to the community. Did you finally load Spotify to your Phillips TV? please tell us how.

Thanks

Hey there. Gold streaming artist here.

Here's answer from Philips.

"Spotify is available on our higher end TVs only due to hardware restriction on our mid and lower range TVs. The alternative music app for your TV would be Deezer which works in much the same way and offers a wide selection of music tracks and features as well."

So it might be true, only 6008+ models are supported and these needs firmware update. For old models no update for Spotify. But I have Spotify speaker with Connect 🙂

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Could be wrong but a quick search threw up:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-on-Philips-Net-TV/idi-p/99565

So I guess not available? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, it's not available.

I see only some **bleep**ty radio apps which are very bad .... Spotify is needed!

There is even Deezer app in this TV!!!

Spotify hurry upp!

It s available now. I have loaded it few seconds ago. Thanks spotify...

How you managet?

Please how you managed to get it??

Got answer from Customer service.

Only Philips PFL6000+ models are supported. So my new 2013 PFL5008 model is not supported. Bad business model, I'm not going to shop to get Philips PFL6000+ just to get Spotify! I'm however very happy user of Spotify in smartphone and laptop. Don't know even if I ever use music on smart tv, I watch only Netflix Full HD on it.

Hi Singamer,

New to the community. Did you finally load Spotify to your Phillips TV? please tell us how.

Thanks

Marked as solution

@MUSICAPAPI wrote:

Hi Singamer,

Thanks

Hey there. Gold streaming artist here.

Here's answer from Philips.

"Spotify is available on our higher end TVs only due to hardware restriction on our mid and lower range TVs. The alternative music app for your TV would be Deezer which works in much the same way and offers a wide selection of music tracks and features as well."

So it might be true, only 6008+ models are supported and these needs firmware update. For old models no update for Spotify. But I have Spotify speaker with Connect 🙂

I stumbled on this thread now that I have a 6101 Smart TV.

Before I connected it, it displays a demo screen of Smart TV, where I can see the spotify icon, along with Deezer, Youtube, Facebook, Skype, etc...

Now that it is connected to the network, no Spotify available.  Facebook & Skype aren't available either.  I am really annoyed, I purchased this TV because most resellers in France advertises it as Spotify Connect enabled.

http://www.ubaldi.com/tv/televiseur-lcd/philips/tv-led-4k-123-cm-philips--49puh6101-88--820776.php

http://www.boulanger.com/ref/1068045

http://www.cdiscount.com/high-tech/televiseurs/tv-philips-49puh6101-4k-800-ppi-smart-tv/f-1062613-ph...

I feel your pain. I had it on my ambilight Philips tv and sporify disappeared after few days. Never buy philios tv again!

Suggested posts