Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Plair 2

Spotify on Plair 2

I'm looking for a way to stream to my stereo and control it from any computer or phone in the house.

I think the new Plair 2 might be the way. I thought I'd start a discussion about it here.

Here's an Engaget article about Plair 2:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/01/plair-2-hdmi-wireless-streaming-dongle-runs-android/

It runs any Android app (so it would run the Android version of Spotify).

If I understand correctly, you can run a Plair app on your phone that will allow you to control whatever app is running on the Plair by showing you a copy of what's on its virtual "screen".

So if it works right I'd be able to switch tracks on the Plair from my phone.

I'm not sure if there's a Plair app for Windows tho.

I wonder if it would be possible to set up the developers Android emulator on Windows and run the Plair remote in it to control Spotify on the Plair? Too crazy.

Since the Plair only costs $49 I'll probably just get one and see if I can get it to work.

1 Reply

I can see this working if it will run the spotify app. You would need a premium subscription and probably need to request a device password. I doubt it will ever be possible to stream to it from spotify running on another device though but you can always post a request for this in the ideas section.

Suggested posts