Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Roku not displaying Asian characters

Solved!

Spotify on Roku not displaying Asian characters

Device

Roku Streaming Stick 4k

My Question or Issue

Spotify is not able to display Asian characters in the Roku app.  I have checked Chinese, Japanese and Korean. It seems to affect the whole app as neither song title, artist, or lyrics were displaying. This is not an issue with the Roku itself as I checked Youtube was rendering Asian characters properly.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Cpoon,

Thanks for the post.

We've received word that a fix for this issue should be released sometime next week. Can you check for updates on your TV in about a week and let us know if you're still experiencing this issue then.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hey there @lomeria

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you try running a reinstall of the app on your Roku to see if that makes the difference?

On another note, we suggest that you check if the firmware of your Roku is up to date.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have the same issue, Chinese characters do not show in the title or in the lyrics screen. Do not have this issue with the Chromecast app.

I'm on the latest version and reinstalling did not work.

Hey @peterchen1999  and @lomeria,

Thanks for your posts on this matter.

We have received internal info that this issue should be fixed with future updates of the app, as the relevant team did some changes backstage. However, it might take some time for the update to roll out globally for everyone. So please be a bit patient, keep your Roku devices updated at all time and let us know if this gets resolved for you in the near future.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

Hi @Kiril,

It's been almost half a year since I asked this question but still don't see the update. How long does it usually take?

Hey @lomeria,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you share the Spotify version you're using on your device?

It's also worth checking if a new account behaves the same. This way we can exclude account related issues.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

The version is very long but it starts with "2022.08.01_1[...] HEAD-v3.194.71-[...]"

Switching accounts did not help.

Hey @lomeria,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

To keep investigating this case, check if your Roku has any pending OS update or Spotify update to make sure everything is up to date. 

If so, it would be great if you could try it using a different WiFi connection. In case you don't have another one available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to try it and see if it makes any difference. This will give us a better look at your case.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

It is fully up to date.

Hi there @lomeria,

Thanks for the reply.

We've reported this issue to the right teams at Spotify, who're working on a fix as we speak.

We'll let you know here as soon as we have more news on the matter.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I have the same issue, Spotify has still not yet fixed the bug! Please prioritize it as it is very inconvenient!

Thank you 🙂

I am having the same issue as well so it is clearly not fixed. I just bought my tv two weeks ago so the everything is new and up to date. 

Marked as solution

Hey there @Cpoon,

Thanks for the post.

We've received word that a fix for this issue should be released sometime next week. Can you check for updates on your TV in about a week and let us know if you're still experiencing this issue then.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Just checked and this is fixed! Thanks Spotify team

Hi! The vietnamese lyrics are not showing properly on my Roku TCL tv as well… everything is updated.

Hi there @vivilicious,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know your TV model and when this started happening exactly. We'll investigate why this is happening again. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hello,

I have the same problem currently with Hindi lyrics on Spotify on my Roku TV.

I only started using Spotify this year so I'm not aware if this has been the same before as well.. but the TV model I have now is - Insignia tv NS-40D420NA20.

I've also checked that the Spotify version seems to be fully updated for me as well.

Please look into it, thank you.

Suggested posts