Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Roku?

Spotify on Roku?

So I was about to get rid of Pandora because I got a Spotify family plan and understood I could listen on my Roku, when I discovered they got rid of the Spotify channel YESTERDAY.  Grrrrr.....

Is there any way to get updates about when or IF a Roku channel is coming that will allow me to use my Spotify?  Meanwhile Pandora works like a charm on there.

3 Replies

Hey @MisterWonka

Spotify has removed the app from different TV systems to get space for improvements.

This is the notification:

As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, we removed our app from Roku TV systems on December 22nd, 2017. We hope to have a better version of Spotify on these devices in future

There are alternate ways to get Spotify on TV, read this article for more information. 🙂

If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sure. Improvements. 

Ya, the Roku channel is gone.  I'm asking if or when it's coming back.  Or if I can be somehow notified about that.

I guess I'm baffled why I'd need a "workaround" of some kind, like streaming off my phone (so my music is interrupted by texts, calls, etc., can't leave the room with me...) when Pandora, Google Music, and others all just have a Roku channel.  

Suggested posts