Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Samsung family hub fridge freezer.

Spotify on Samsung family hub fridge freezer.

Plan

Paid

Country

UK

Device

Samsung RS68N8941SL

Operating System

Tizen

My Question or Issue

I have recently purchased the above fridge, which has a limited version of the Spotify app running on it. It is potentially really useful to control music from here whilst in the kitchen. Unfortunately it runs Tizen not Android. It has Spotify connect to allow you to select output to other devices. It can see all the devices on my network, eg. Amazon Echos, firesticks, Denon receiver, Shield, but not my Sonos speakers.

Any ideas why or how to resolve it? I would like to output the sound to my Sonos speakers for obvious reasons and it seems odd they don't appear.

When I use Spotify connect on other devices I can select my Sonos speakers as an option. 

8 Replies

Same problem here!

Hey there folks!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Can you try restarting your router to see if that makes a difference for you?

We'd also recommend giving this a try on a different network, for example you can start a hotspot of your phone and use that network.

Lastly, it's a good idea to double check if the account that is logged in on the fridge is the one linked in the Sonos app.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thanks for the reply.

All the obvious stuff you have suggested has already been checked.

It seems like an issue within the Spotify connect Tizen app that Sonos devices don't appear.

I do have a workaround, which wont work for everyone but can share in case it helps someone.

I can select from Spotify on the Fridge to stream to my kitchen Samsung TV (provided it is on), which is connected via HDMI to a Sonos Soundbar. The Soundbar can be grouped with other speakers within the Sonos app, so effectively I can stream from the fridge to any any grouped Sonos speakers via the TV, but it is a bit convoluted and you need the correct hardware to be able to do it.

Thanks for getting back to us @markwilliams64!

We don't have many reports and experience with issues with the app not working as expected on a fridge device, but it does sounds like there might be some incompatibility between the Tizen OS and the Sonos speaker.

In this case we can recommend making sure that you have the latest firmware versions on both devices and keeping the Spotify app updated.

We appreciate you sharing your workaround with us, we'll pass on your feedback about this to the right team here.

We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’ve had the family hub fridge a few years. Evidently Sonos doesn’t want to spend the time developing anything for Tizen os. It’s an amazing fridge and great platform for them to work with, but evidently not enough fridges sold to spend the time/$ developing it. 

The best way I’ve found to work around the sonos issue and get the type of use from the fridge/sonos/Spotify is by first using Spotify on my iPhone to connect to the fridge.  Second, using Spotify on my iPhone to connect to a sonos speaker using airplay (requires at least on airplay compatible sonos speaker). Once connected to a speaker I can go to the sonos app and group my sonos speakers as needed. Third, go back to the fridge and if you try using the Spotify app or widget it should be synced with your phone and be playing to the sonos speakers. You can skip songs on the fridge, but can only control sonos grouping or the volume on your phone. Works out well for parties. Very specific process to make it work. I Have an iPad/two on the tables with Spotify and the fridge displaying the same. Skip a song from any of the devices and album artwork (Spotify). Hope my instructions help someone. It was a pita to figure out. 

Works until Samsung/Tizen puts some pressure on sonos to just add compatibility! 

same story here, its for sure an app bug, can also control other devices than sonos, additionally the app shows for some devices strange device names

Same problem here. Some Spotify Connect devices are visible, but Sonos are not. Any updates?

Same problem here.

If the connect app was open source I would fix it myself.

I’ve just had the fridge delivered. Maybe I should send it back.

Suggested posts