Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Windows 10 Phone

Spotify on Windows 10 Phone

Hi,

I recently got a Windows Mobile for work because my Android phone died. So I have Spotify on my Windows Phone for when i am driving or listening at work but the app is so buggy and slow, so while it’s playing it will stop and i have to go into the app and wait for it to reload or the app randomly closes sometimes. I don't have the phone enrolled of work so i its stock from out of the box.

Any reasons why this could be happening, this phone has better performance than my old android and i have plenty of storage.

Thanks

JC

10 Replies

Hi @jcplayer!

Thanks for coming to the Community for help.

Could you try reinstalling the app with the steps at https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/reinstallation-of-spotify/? 

Let us know if it makes any difference.

Anyk17

It has nothing to do with your phone, it's on Spotify's end. Spotify dropped WP support a while ago, which is the reason why the app is so horrible to use at this point. As far as I know, no update is in sight. Resetting or reinstalling won't do anything.

Unfortunately i have already done this twice and i don't want to keep on re-downloading songs every time.

I also restart the phone just for the Spotify app to work well but it so buggy, it takes 20 seconds to open, load, load the playlist, load the song list and then i push play and still wait. So not great.

Where is Spotify in this, why have they stopped support for this app, its used almost everywhere and on more crazier devices, phones, amps, TV's and more.

Anyway, the app is still not getting any better, i have to keep closing the app down or restarting the phone.

I thought it was funny that the Microsoft store was adverising the Spotify App that doesn't work correctly on there phones yesterday and today.

Still no answer or support for Spotify on the matter, disappointing.

I have the same problem. I downloaded some albums, and still, it stops music in random time, starts playing when it wants, IT'S ANNOYING.

Why people, who pays, don't have support on theys devices? I'm pretty happy with my Windows Phone but Spotify disappoints me!

Please do something with this!

You've a greater chance of finding rocking horse faeces than getting a proper reponse to this nevermind a fix. It seems the window s phone user base (& cash) just isn't worth anything in the grand scheme of Spotify things.

@anyk17 wrote:

Hi @jcplayer!

Thanks for coming to the Community for help.

Could you try reinstalling the app with the steps at https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/reinstallation-of-spotify/? 

Let us know if it makes any difference.

It did not helped! Could you, please, give us working solution if you stopped making WP app sophisticated enough to play music without breaks and stops?

Nothing new, no support, still not happy.

..BUMP..

So is there a support desk with spotify besides the Ask Community?

Are there some direct contact details for spotify?

JC

Suggested posts