Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on the Marantz MCR610 mini hifi

Solved!

Spotify on the Marantz MCR610 mini hifi

Because the MCR610 device requires a premiun account for streaming, do you get the 320 higher quality bitrate by default as there seems to be no tickbox option to enable high qaulity streaming as you get via windows,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yup, should be 320kbps.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Marked as solution

Yup, should be 320kbps.

Peter

Just searched this. Thanks

Any plans to be able to use the spotify connect function soon? The Marantz app is a dog when it comes to spotify.

I'm not 100% sure, I would ask Marantz as any update would require a firmware update on their side.

Peter

I can't get past the first hurdle - streaming music of any quality. 

I have a premium account and can get internet radio through my Marantz M CR-610 , but not spotify. 

I have tried everything I can think of and here is the list:

- setting up a device password. Result, can't log in with the device password, only email and fb password

- taking the firewall off my router

- everything else to do with the router in case it was a time out feature in cluding turning off DHCP

I can log in. I can see all of my playlists and some of the content, but when I try to play it just hangs or says no internet connection.

Frustratingly, I fixed the problem by going through the IP address of the Marantz and telling it to manually connect. That worked for 2 days until they sent out a firmware update. This update, of course, made things worse so I did a factory reset. Now the fix I had in place before isn't working!

I am in Hong Kong and have tried contacting Marantz. They have not been helpful and want to look at the unit but is there something more I can try before that?!?

I hope someone can help - it is doing my head in!

Left a reply on your other post. 😉

Peter

Thanks Peter, 

I have been trying the numerical login on and off all day and just tried again - now it works. Good.

So I can log in to my account using the numerical on all my devices. Unfortunately it isn't the fix I thought it would be. Still can't get the music streaming. Either it looks like it hangs loading the content or displays 'no internet connection' or shows a playlist as empty.

Can I try somethign more?

Greg

Could you go into the Marantz settings and let me know the IP address, gateway etc?

It's also worth checking your internet router has uPnP enabled on it and it's firewall isn't blocking port 4070.

Peter

uPnP enabled. 

I have tried turning off the firewall but it didn't help. I currently have the IP address exempted from firewall settings. I couldn't find information about it blocking 4070.

Attached is the screenshot from the network settings accessed via the IP

network settings marantz.PNG

A few of those details are missing which is why I think you might be having issues.

Gateway should be the IP address of your internet router rather than 0's. Also try setting the primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4 (which are Google's DNS servers).

Peter

TO update these fields I need to take the DHCP off. I have done that but it now comes up with a server error. Even when I try the previously working internet radio. I put the DHCP back on and the DNS values drop out by internet radio is back. Neither scenario gave me spotify. Still same problem

Do you think that the DHCP would make a difference? I haven't turned it of on my router simply because I didn't reallyget it or  know if it would make a difference and didn't want to try and control my 6 devices IP addresses plus guests when they come on. 

network settings marantz 2.PNG

Turning off the DHCP caused it to fail. Putting it back on again is ok - but same deal. Only fgood or internet radio even though all of the details are entered correctly in the IP address Marantz network fields - I can still only see details like playlists but no music streaming. 

More help please 😉

Very weird! What sort of internet router do you have?

Peter

I know! I'm using a Belkin AC1800 DB. To think I had it work for acouple of days too. Maybe there is a fault with the unit...

I had a thought about this. I have a few Internet enabled electronics a TV and Blue Ray player that both has WiFi. What I did is set my Router to an Auto detect WiFi instead of manual and make sure my Internet gear TV and Blue Ray Player was also set to the auto detect on the WiFi. Since most users using network routers normaly set a different password than the factory default and/or use the Wifi connect feature with random PIN codes to synch internet devices. I just wondered if trying using the WiFi auto detect feature on all gear makes a difference?

Still no joy ...
I can get Wi-Fi cos it's okay for internet radio. It's connecting to the router well as I'm getting music off media server no problem.
it's logging in but just not playing content from spotify. Grrr

Your using a media server hum? Might check and see if your media server from it's website support has a plugin for spotify to be used. Other users using NAT media servers found plugins to use with their setup and got resultrs.

Thanks Jay, 

I've had a look at that and still no luck. Even if the media server is not in use I still cannot play content. I can frustratingly view my account and playlists, but not stream.

Ok so make sense of this. Made NO progress. Created a new premium trial account and have got music blasting around the house through that account.

Nothing wrong with the gear or setup - I have no idea what is wrong with the account. About to look into that now. We have a couple of devices on now and have treid taking them off in the past.

If the solution is 2 accounts then I can deal with it - at least everything is working! 

Thanks for the ideas. Any more about what could be wrong with the account?

Hum that is odd you might contact customer support here https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

and fill out the contact form. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community boards reply back to that email, even if it is from a noreply and a customer support rep will get with you shortly. They should be able to transfer over everything from the other account to the new that is working or at least give tip of what might be hosed up on the other account not working correctly.

Suggested posts