Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify online always telling me to reload

Spotify online always telling me to reload

So whenever I go to play.spotify.com, there is a pop up on the top of the page that says "Ooops. Something went wrong. Reload". No matter how many times I reload, the page gives me the same error message. Does anyone know a fix? 

Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 5.04.16 PM.png
6 Replies

Hey @kendallcmcd11! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Are you still not able to use your web player properly?

If yes, could you try to clear your browser cache/cookies to see if that makes any difference?

Peace

Hi,

I have a similar problem. When I open up Spotify, a pop-up appears telling me to reload the page. After I reload the page, the same pop-up appears telling me to reload the page. This pattern keeps on repeating and won't stop. Could you please offer some solutions?

Meow!

Hey there @kendallcmcd11, @Tama_Super_Cat

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest you first restart the device on which you experience this issue. This basic step is very simple, but often overlooked.

It's also a good idea to try opening the web player in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.  

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

I also had this problem today.

I fixed by deleting cookies/site data for Spotify.

Now I can login and it works okay.

Search Google for how to clear cookies for a specific site for your browser.

Hey @otanauk,

Glad to hear you've managed to fix this for yourself!

It's good to either open the web player in an Incognito Window like @Ivan suggested or delete the cache of the browser. That ought to do it in the future as well. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Have a nice day!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

When I try to search up a song, it keeps saying this even though I've tried so many things to resolve this issue:

Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 6.13.04 PM.png

Suggested posts