Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify plays and pauses constantly (100 times per second) on chromecast

Solved!

Spotify plays and pauses constantly (100 times per second) on chromecast

Spotify premium, installed on multiple devices (apple and android) with the same account. Mostly playing on chromecast, also on headphones or Bluetooth

My Question or Issue

After a while I decided to cancel deezer and get back to spotify. I used my existing account and bought spotify premium for a month. I mostly play on a chromecast, controlling from phones (apple and android). After a couple of songs, Spotify constantly plays and pauses, like 100 times per seconds, resulting in garbage.  On the chromecast, you constantly see the pause icon. On my phone I constantly get a pop-up, saying 'spotify is trying to play'.

It's pretty annoying. How can I fix this? I've tried reinstalling apps on the phones (including deleting cache and data) resetting chromecast to factory default, singing out of all devices... The only solution i have right now is going back to Deezer. I'm giving spotify a month. How can I resolve this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @wulenpoow

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

If you've noticed that Spotify pauses multiple times when casting to Chromecast it's possible that you're experiencing an issue that we're currently investigating.

Check out this thread and add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @wulenpoow

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

If you've noticed that Spotify pauses multiple times when casting to Chromecast it's possible that you're experiencing an issue that we're currently investigating.

Check out this thread and add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Thanks Ivan, I'ĺl keep an eye on the suggested thread.

Suggested posts