Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify policy

Spotify policy

I am very dissatisfied with the new Spotify design. First, if you write a search word, you will only get 40 suggestions. If I write a search word I want to have every matchings, for example if I write "Charlie Parker" I want all matchings, why this new limitation? Secondly, Spotify had the ambition to contain all music ever recorder - that was what was written in the description when I first subscribed Spotify. Now it seems that essential records is lifted away. Why is the Aebersold "Music minus one" selection of 106 CD:s not there anymore? I mostly use Spotify as a working tool, to write down music and to practice with backing tracks. Maybe we are not the majority group, but we exist and maybe we consider not to subscribe anymore if we find Spotify useless for our needs. The "features" with Facebook friends playing lists and so on, I have not the slightest interest in. Fourth, I don´t know if this is the right place for complaints, but I don´t find where shall I put comments on the product itself. My advice is to restore the possibility of unlimited searchings, to effort putting back Aebersolds "Jazz music minus one" (if this is the right title, check it out) and I should really like to have the "Bebop Story" in 100 volumes again on Spotify. Or will the decline continue? Finally, if we broaden the spectre, you have people over 40 as subscribers, you have people who in different ways deal with music professionally. Give us a sufficient platform for our needs. I expect an answer to [Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

2 Replies

@lospcsbj wrote:

I am very dissatisfied with the new Spotify design. First, if you write a search word, you will only get 40 suggestions. If I write a search word I want to have every matchings, for example if I write "Charlie Parker" I want all matchings, why this new limitation? Secondly, Spotify had the ambition to contain all music ever recorder - that was what was written in the description when I first subscribed Spotify. Now it seems that essential records is lifted away. Why is the Aebersold "Music minus one" selection of 106 CD:s not there anymore? I mostly use Spotify as a working tool, to write down music and to practice with backing tracks. Maybe we are not the majority group, but we exist and maybe we consider not to subscribe anymore if we find Spotify useless for our needs. The "features" with Facebook friends playing lists and so on, I have not the slightest interest in. Fourth, I don´t know if this is the right place for complaints, but I don´t find where shall I put comments on the product itself. My advice is to restore the possibility of unlimited searchings, to effort putting back Aebersolds "Jazz music minus one" (if this is the right title, check it out) and I should really like to have the "Bebop Story" in 100 volumes again on Spotify. Or will the decline continue? Finally, if we broaden the spectre, you have people over 40 as subscribers, you have people who in different ways deal with music professionally. Give us a sufficient platform for our needs. I expect an answer to bjorn.scharin@zonline.se

Hi,

While I don't work for Spotify, I think I can help address your concerns. And yes, posting on the Community forums is the most productive place to give feedback on Spotify and talk to invested users and staff about what can be do to improve it. 🙂

In regards to the limitations on search, while I get more than 40 results for searches such as 'Charlie Parker' (without counting, my guess is 100), it does seem that there is a fixed number of results that the Spotify client will display. I would recommend creating this as a standalone suggestion in the ideas forum, where other users can vote on it and it will be brought to the attention of the developers if it is popular enough.

In regards to music that is no longer available, missing or unavailable music is almost always a decision by the artist/label to withhold the content from Spotify. Sometimes it's temporarily unavailable while they sort out legal issues or correct metadata, in which case it'll be back up as soon as they resubmit it to Spotify. While first and foremost it is most productive to contact the rightsholders and label directly to ask why the music isn't on Spotify, you can also fill out this form this form to let Spotify staff know of your interest.

While Spotify's social features are quite popular, many users such as yourself do not use them, which is perfectly fine: all of us use Spotify slightly differently, and it's a feature-rich utiltity capable of being many different things for different people. 🙂

Lastly, if I were you, I'd edit out your personal email address from the post, as leaving it there makes you more vunerable to spam and potential scammers.

@gprocess wrote:
Lastly, if I were you, I'd edit out your personal email address from the post, as leaving it there makes you more vunerable to spam and potential scammers.

I will do that for you. 😉 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts