Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify send me back to the same playlist everytime I share a new one

Solved!

Spotify send me back to the same playlist everytime I share a new one

Everytime I share a new playlist, the link send people to the same one (the first one I create, not the last one). Why? 

Plan

Free

Country

Spain

Device

Computer (Mac and Windows)

Operating System

MacOS Catalina, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @puuxy,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind sharing the link you mentioned as well as the name of the playlist it should direct us to so we can test this on our end?

Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @puuxy,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind sharing the link you mentioned as well as the name of the playlist it should direct us to so we can test this on our end?

Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime!

Mario Moderator

This is the playlist I want to share: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7eVP7dvrURYa9H0a240n0t?si=XoqKScUTRXWIcDcB3IMlEA

and everytime I share the link, it sends people to this one: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0dzMoVgWZ3H0IuTX23iRkD?si=tRhcTNFoR-iqW19GxkA7dQ

Thanks!

Hey @puuxy,

Thanks for you updates.

We tested this and can confirm that the first link you shared will open the right playlist. If other users reported that the link is not working, would you mind sharing the playlist's URI with them? You'll find the URI by using the desktop app and then clicking on the playlist's three dots menu > Share > Copy playlist URI

Every user can copy and paste the URI link in the search bar if they're using the desktop app or tap it (the playlist's preview it generates) if they're streaming with the mobile app. The link should be a direct access to the right content even if there's any temporary issues with the other (the first) link you shared. Let us know how it goes. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a nice (and a safe) day!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts