Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stopped connecting to Play3 Sonos (but connects to Play1)

Spotify stopped connecting to Play3 Sonos (but connects to Play1)

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

MacBook, Android

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hello! This week my Play3 Sonos speaker stopped showing up in Spotify connect (two Play1 speakers show up normally). This happened before, so it must be related to some updates. The last time I did extensive troubleshooting, but nothing really helped and then it started to work again all of the sudden (guessing because of some update). 

What could it be? It must be related to some updates! So annoying!

Thanks!

9 Replies

Hi there @realaisles,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. 

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also recommend that you double-check so that your device are up to date.

Another useful step to try is to restart your router.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks Jeremy.

Reseting the router did not help.

I did the clean reinstall of the app the last time when this happened and it  did not help. I am struggling to understand why app cache would be at fault: Play3 does not appear in any of my apps (MacOS, Android, iPad), while both Play1 do.

Thanks for your help.

Hey @realaisles

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network (for example, if this is happening when you're connected to 3G/4G, try switching to a WiFi connection or a hotspot). If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea troubleshooting further the original one.

You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Keep us in the loop here. 

Hi Ivan,

for your reference my last troubleshooting. I gave up and then it started to work again at some point: I suspect after some update.

Play3 serves as my Sonos network router, I only have one Wi-Fi connection. Everything works normally via Sonos app, but I clearly prefer using Spotify app. 

This must be connected to either Spotify app updates or Sonos app updates. I am not sure when I had last updates. But all of my apps are up to date.

Hey @realaisles

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

Another thing you can try is checking if you experience the same when using a different Spotify account. This will show if the issue might be account-related. To do this, you can borrow the login details from a friend or relative, or create a free test account here

If it works with another account, follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next on how to keep your saved content when migrating to the new account.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks Ivan. I am not sure how sustainable this is? And I am also struggling to see the logic behind?

Hey @realaisles,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The steps that @Ivan suggested above would allow us to test if the root cause of the problem lies with the account or device.

If the same behavior comes up there as well, that would indicate the device setup as the source. If that's the case - does it make a difference if the speaker is in a group or not? Does the Play3 speaker play when in a group with the two Play1? Does the same behavior come up when controlling playback via the Sonos app or when using a different audio app?

Keep us posted. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

HI Mihail,

a couple of days ago Play3 ra-appeared: I do not think there were any updates in between, so it remains a mystery. (already happened for the second time)

Thanks for your time!

Hey @realaisles,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Glad to hear it worked out and Play3 is visible again.

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts