Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stopped working for Samsung Smart TV 7 series after automatic firmware upgrade

Spotify stopped working for Samsung Smart TV 7 series after automatic firmware upgrade

I have a Samsung Smart TV 7 serie and Spotify have been working fine ok for 6 months. A couple a days ago there was an automatic firmware upgdrade when I started Spotify and after that I havent been able to play any music. I get a a error message saying : An error has accourred: Error Id: 2

I have tried to uninstall and install the app again but whith no change.

Please advise.

Regards,

Martin

13 Replies

I have the same problem; it plays only for a little while and then crashes. this is also after automatic firmware upgrade.

Please advise.

Yeah, I have the same problem. There was some kind of upgrade and after that it hasn't been working. I can log in and access all of my playlists, but as soon as I try to play something I just get Error Code 2.

Hi everyone,

Could you let us know the following:

-- Date you did the update

-- Version of the firmware update

-- Country

-- Whether you're seeing the Error 2 after every track or just once in a while

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I can't tell you the exact date when I did the update, but I think it was sometime in the end of June. 
I don't know the version of the firmware update. How can I check that?
The country is Sweden.
I see Error ID 2 whenever I try to play any track.

Version info is under menu/support/software update. I have version 1107 and Spotify continues to work fine. Have you tried reinstalling Spotify?

I think i updated somewhere this summer, july august or so.
Firmware version 1032
Country NL
I see id 2 or id3 after a while, first it plays some songs then it stops

I had the issue that I couldn't play music when I was logged on with my Facebook account. Signing in works, but playing resutled in Error 2. Now I sign in my user name and password and it works.

Hi. I downloaded Spotify today, on my Samsung UE46ES6305. When I try to play any song, the error pops up "An error has occurred. Error ID:2 ".

no sound at all. 

@gebori Can you check that you have the latest firmware.

@jwylot How do i cheek that? I think i just updatet my smartTV

From menu/support/software update.

Thanks!! It's working now. Updatet my TV from version 1028 to to 1040 something. Thanks! 🙂

No problem 🙂

Suggested posts