Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alexa won't play Spotify

Alexa won't play Spotify

A few days ago, my Alexa (Echo 3rd gen) stopped playing Spotify. I say, play tunes. She goes, Tunes from Spotify. Like she normally does. Then... A beautiful playlist of silence errupts in my room i.e she doesn't actually play it. This is really annoying because I am an addict to Spotify (yes that's a thing) so please fix.
117 Replies

Exactly the same here. It just stopped working and everytime I have to reset/restart or whatever! There is something wrong on Spotify Skill side! PLEASE FIX THIS!

• The exact make/model and OS of the speakers in which you noticed this behavior: 
    Echo Dot 4 Gen, Echo Show 5, 2 Gen
  • Is this happening when the playback comes from a different device? Does it happen only when trying to play music on the speakers? Both!
  • Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details. 
  • No it's since been shitty for days, but since last week it really broken.
  • The exact Spotify version you're running on the device linked to the speaker (check for possible updates there). - Newest on iOS 17 (also newest) -Date 18.10.2023
  • Does it happen when connected to a different internet connection, e.g., a hotspot? yes
  • The exact troubleshooting steps you've tried so far - Restartet the router, the echo dots, the spotify app, cleared caches , relinked spotify with alexa, deactivated the skill

https://www.amazon.de/product-reviews/B07FK56GVY 

Watch the Reviews for the last few days and you will see there are many people angry about this!

And again this morning! Spotify is not playing!!!!!

Hey @wight1984 and @JackDaniels1899,

Thanks for sharing this info.

@JackDaniels1899, can you please also share the exact Spotify version you're running?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

iOS App 8.8.80.570

And again. Not working anymore! I get mad about this …..

How can it be that this issue persists for months now? And no communication from Spotify and also no support that you can talk to as a paying customer? 

new day. Still not working. 

Hey folks!

A big thank you to everyone who's provided the requested details by @AlejaR so far!
In order for us to take a deeper look into this, we'd like to ask everyone else to do the same 🙂

Here's what we need:

• The exact make/model and OS of the speakers in which you noticed this behavior
  • Is this happening when the playback comes from a different device? Does it happen only when trying to play music on the speakers?
  • Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.
  • The exact Spotify version you're running on the device linked to the speaker (check for possible updates there).
  • Does it happen when connected to a different internet connection, e.g., a hotspot?
  • The exact troubleshooting steps you've tried so far
  • A video recording of this behavior. You can attach the videos in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google Drive and make them public so we can visualize them.

Many thanks in advance! We'll be on the lookout for your replies 🙌🏼

VasilModerator

1. Echo Dot with clock (5th generation) Device Software Version 0007685033604

2. I can play from the Spotify on my iOS over bluetooth to the speaker fine
3. It is happening on a brand new device immediately after setting up Spotify
4. 8.8.78.670. But is this relevant? The Dot is not connected to my device (in this case an iPhone). It is connected to my spotify account, no?
5. No
6. unlinking and re-linking my spotify account

Any updates here? I have the same issue as everybody describes.

The Alexa-Skill reviews also tell a story here.

Why is this marked as resolved?

11 echos across 3 generations, they are all not displaying as speakers

including several Speaker Groups 

Receiver, DAKboard, Fire TV, computer all display to select for speaker—missing all echos 

Also, echo pretends to interact with Spotify. Commands get sent , no action taken from Alexa for anything Spotify. 
daily individual plan user to no user is what this saysss. 

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience.

We appreciate all the info you've included in the previous posts. To continue investigating this, would you mind confirming if all the devices are connected to the same network? Keep in mind that some routers may have 2 different networks (2.4 GHz - 5.0 GHz) under the same network name. In this case, we'd recommend disconnecting and reconnecting all devices to the exact same network.

Also, since the previous recordings were posted in a format that cannot be played on our end, could any of you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

Lastly, @larsmathuseck and @NikemIkEy could you include the info previously requested by @AlejaR in the floating answer?

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

I believe that amazon is doing away with spotify and trying to push amazon music.

i have 2 echo dots, an echo show 5, and an echo show 10. All of them were playing spotify well. I added a harman kardon astra but i believe it is not compatible to play in groups.

the reason i believe that amazon is doing away with spotify, is due to the fact that now my spotify cannot play on my echo show 5 in group. I have done all the necessary steps mentioned. But when i olay amazon music, they all play in the group. So it is ‘t about connection, etc.

Two Spotify app updates in between! No change! Still not working 

all connected to the same network.

I just replaced with a 4th Gen Alexa and was able to play Spotify for a few weeks, then nothing…..I ask for Spotify, I get the response that it is playing, but nothing is coming out of the Alexa.     Frustrating for a less than techy person.   Any solutions would be most appreciated. 

I updateded my app, unlinked and linked my spotify account and then rebooted the echo.  (disconnected for 30 seconds)  Spotify is now back.

I have fire 10 and like everyone Alexa starts off Spotify but then when it goes to play it it then plays nothing. Ask Alexa to play Amazon music all fine. I have done all the same clear cache, restart, uninstall and nothing. I don’t have other speakers though I have just bought my daughter the kids echo dot for Christmas and starting to worry now 🫣

Suggested posts