Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing and disconnects from chromecast when manually skipping songs

Solved!

Spotify stops playing and disconnects from chromecast when manually skipping songs

Spotify Username

petturik

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Huawei Nexus 6P

Operating System
Android 8.1

Since yesterday i am experiencing problems with Spotify and my Chromecasts. I can put up a playlist and it will play the songs without a hitch. However when i manually skip a song, Spotify disconnects from the chromecast. On my Chromecast Audio i get a message that Spotify is being used on multiple devices (which it isn't) and my other Chromecast displays a message that i have to use my phone or tablet to control the music on my tv. I tried rebooting both the phone and the chromecasts but that does not fix it. Changing the password of my Spotify account also did not help. I also have the same problem when casting from my laptop to both Chromecast devices. The latest version of Spotify is installed and both Chromecasts have the most recent firmware.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

the team has fixed a bug that might also be the reason for your problem. Could you please let us know if you still have problems?

Thanks,

Isak

/ developer at Spotify

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

the team has fixed a bug that might also be the reason for your problem. Could you please let us know if you still have problems?

Thanks,

Isak

/ developer at Spotify

It fixed my problem Isak. Thanks very much! 🙂

Please reset this status from Solved back to open.

This exact problem happened for me this morning on Spotify.

And yes my phone and apps are fully updated.

Suggested posts