Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify temporarly looses connection using Chromecast 2

Spotify temporarly looses connection using Chromecast 2

Hi,

firts of all i have to disagree with the recent deactivaction of the Spotify App on old Samsung TVs. I have a family premium subscription and I was totally satisfied.

I have been forced to a backup solution, such as Chromecast 2 (and, please, don't tell me I could buy a new TV, don't play with my money, I'm totally satisfied with my Samsung 65 HD).

The problem is that, provided all the appropriate technical conditions are met (I did many tests) every minute a message come on the screen telling Chromcecast went offline and Spotify needs it to be online every single second to go on. Many times it recovers the connection quickly, sometimes the music stops before recovering (very, very annoying).

This does'nt happen with other apps (i.e. Netflix and Tunein) but it happens with the default no-cast default photo viewer of Chromecast.

I verified that this is due to the fact the access point goes to power safe mode, and this is interpreted as an offline conditions (I apologise, ridicolous). 

I read in a  post the advice to use routers/points without power safe mode; this too is a ridicolous advice, as in many case it is not possible to disable it (i.e. TP LINK) nor possible to know if pobbile prior to acquire it (nor I want to change mine for this reason).

My advice would be for Spotify simply to quickly change its software to better manage the connection power safe condition, as othe apps do, giving appropriate advice (it is not acceptable to ask me to change my access point just for this, nor Spotify having disabled the old Samsung app, perfectly working, and I PRETEND, as I PAY EVERY SINGLE MONTH,  an acceptable low cost technical recovery solution).

Kindest Regards.   

Fabio

1 Reply

I just recevived an answer asking me to verify AP isolation on Router and APs. Everything seems top be OK, I do confirm it is due to line going in Power Safe mode.

I don't want to substitute my routers and AP, and, as per other Apps, I think it could be resolved at App Level. I encourage Spotify in this direction.

Kindest Regards.

Fabio

Suggested posts