Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify web player isn't playing any songs

Solved!

Spotify web player isn't playing any songs

A few weeks ago spotify on my desktop web player suddenly just stopped working, I assumed that maybe it was just a temporary thing so I waited. Now I'm still here today with it just not wanting to work.

Pressing the play button on a playlist, specific song or the bottom bar does nothing, I've pretty much tried every method that I found on the forums and other places of the internet. I tried it on multiple browsers still the same, the only thing that seemed to work is using a VPN. I obviously assumed that maybe it had something to do with my region, but that's not the case since I was able to choose a VPN in my country and it was playing. The app on my phone works as well, so does the desktop app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Cutteredge!

Sorry for the delay.

Could you try to follow the steps provided in this newly written Spotify Answer? Including the part about checking their hosts file, it should do the trick. 🙂

Let me know if that helps, thanks! 🙂

Peace

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @Cutteredge! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Have you checked if your proxy settings in your browser are correct? Maybe they're blocking your Spotify.

In which country are you currently located?

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

At the current moment I'm away from my desktop, but I should be able to check tomorrow, so I'll let you know.

Also I reside in Lithuania

I've checked my proxy settings, but it does not seem to have helped.

@Cutteredge

This is very odd since you can use Spotify on your other devices.

Just to be clear the web player doesn't work on a browser at all?

Peace

Yes, that's correct. The web player doesn't work on any of my browsers, while the downloaded app itself works.

@Cutteredge

I've escalated your issue to the support.

I will reply on this thread with help soon. 🙂

Peace

@Cutteredge

Could you try to play music with the web player in the incognito mode of your Google Chrome?

Peace

I've tried that as well. Still doesn't play.

Marked as solution

Hey @Cutteredge!

Sorry for the delay.

Could you try to follow the steps provided in this newly written Spotify Answer? Including the part about checking their hosts file, it should do the trick. 🙂

Let me know if that helps, thanks! 🙂

Peace

Thank you very much ! Deleting the spotify lines in the host file has worked and now the web player is playing music again

Suggested posts