Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't log on on Blackberry

Spotify won't log on on Blackberry

Hi, so I've had Spotify premium for a while now and figured I wanna try the Spotify app for my phone. Now I've got a Blackberry... I've tried downloading the app today and the app installs fine. However I cannot log in. I've tried Google for fixes but after 2 hours on this case I still didn't really find anything helpful for me. So I figured I'd just ask.

So basically I get the loading screen forever when "logging on" to end up with an error about my network (APN or something). Spotify has never worked before on my phone (never tried) so there is no cache or anything like that I could delete. I really hope someone can come up with a fix... Right now I only pay for premium because Spotify takes up so much bandwidth that my ping raises to 400. With offline mode the high ping does not occur.. I hope I can get more out of my monthly subscription than that...... 

I've also download Spotify on my old Samsung Omnia II with Windows phone 6.5 (old old), it works. I can log on and stream songs. However I've only got a small monthly data bundle. I'd use that but I don't have wifi here at home so I can't seem to sync my offline playlists.. Is there perhaps a way through Bluetooth or USB? In that case I'll just use my Samsung. Otherwise it looks like I'm gonna have to purchase a WiFi transmitter..

Thanks in advance, really hope Spotify or someone can help out a desperate "customer".

Calvin

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify isn't allowed to communicate over the BlackBerry.net data system, just like other apps such as Google Maps. For that reason, you might need to manually set your Carriers APN settings on your phone (if they haven't done it for you). Spotify have a help page about it here

You should still be able to connect over WiFi without altering those settings. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello, thanks!

Well I've setup a WiFi network at home yesterday and indeed I have been able to log on through WiFi 🙂 

I have put two playlists to offline mode and they have synced well. However when I go onto the app and turn Spotify into offline mode it doesn't actually seem to go in offline mode. Like, one moment it says "Spotify is in offline mode" but the other moment it won't display anything at all. Then I turn off my connections (WiFi and provider) to make sure it's actually in offline mode and it'll work. I still want internet for other applications on my phone but I don't wanna risk Spotify streaming from my databundle.

Also I'm not quite sure if I understand but at the top of the playlists it displays "Download: I / 0" which basically means "Yes/No". Whenever I tick it to "no" it will start to resync. Should I just never touch that option? I don't want to resync every time.

Also when I logged onto my PC today it had unsynced all my playlists... Any idea why? Making them available offline had them synced in no time though.

Thanks again,

Calvin

@Calvind93 wrote:

Hello, thanks!

Well I've setup a WiFi network at home yesterday and indeed I have been able to log on through WiFi 🙂 

I have put two playlists to offline mode and they have synced well. However when I go onto the app and turn Spotify into offline mode it doesn't actually seem to go in offline mode. Like, one moment it says "Spotify is in offline mode" but the other moment it won't display anything at all. Then I turn off my connections (WiFi and provider) to make sure it's actually in offline mode and it'll work. I still want internet for other applications on my phone but I don't wanna risk Spotify streaming from my databundle.

Also I'm not quite sure if I understand but at the top of the playlists it displays "Download: I / 0" which basically means "Yes/No". Whenever I tick it to "no" it will start to resync. Should I just never touch that option? I don't want to resync every time.

Also when I logged onto my PC today it had unsynced all my playlists... Any idea why? Making them available offline had them synced in no time though.

Thanks again,

Calvin

Technically it shouldn't use any data when you are online if you are listening to an offline playlist, but the application has a mind of its own sometimes on BlackBerry! For me, on restarting the client it will normally want to resync a few tracks at a time, no idea why it happens but it does, but after that is it fine again. I find if you need to force it into offline mode, start the app, leave it for 5 mins for it to get going, then force it into offline mode, then quit. Then restart and it should start in offline mode and stay that way until you tell it otherwise.

As for the desktop, its possible whilst setting up your BlackBerry you hit the 3 device limit on premium accounts, it shouldn't happen again!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks, it seems to be fine now indeed 🙂 

Suggested posts