Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play 'my music' when offline

Spotify won't play 'my music' when offline

I've had a look round the Internet but not found anything to sort my problem!
I am a premium spotify user with 2gb left on my phone, I have an iPhone 5c but whenever I go to play music on 'my music offline, it won't let me! I can sync whole playlist for offline but I want my own music and it doesn't seem to be working when I test it on offline mode, I've tried deleting it and messingn round with the settings but mothing seems to work!

Please help!
3 Replies

Hi, sorry to hear you're having problems with offline mode. I'm a little unclear on which music is not playing for you, since you said that you are able to sync your playlist. You can always go to the Songs section of "Your Music," and mark that for offline, but that might take up more space than you have available since you only have 2GB left.

If you want to save local files that you own, you'll need to have Spotify open on your computer and iPhone at the same time and connected to the same WiFi network when syncing a playlist to make sure those songs transfer to the phone.

Please let us know if this helps! Thanks!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello!
I can sync playlist, but it's my songs, so my own songs they never play offline!

Okay, you should definitely be able to sync your own songs using the steps I mentioned before. Open Spotify on the computer that includes your local files, open Spotify on the phone as well, and make sure they're both on the same WiFi network. Then, go to the playlist you want to save on the phone and toggle the "available offline" option so it turns green. If you'll leave the apps open in both places until syncing is complete, your songs should transfer without a problem.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts