Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play on Samsung TV, pressing play button does nothing

Spotify won't play on Samsung TV, pressing play button does nothing

So the problem is in the title - Spotify randomly stopped working on my tv. I can navigate through playlists, click on everything besides play. I mean.. I can click, but nothing happens.

I've tried playing different playlists on shuffle, navigated to different songs and clicked on those, clicked on that little currently playing thing.. NOTHING

I've tried connecting my laptop to the tv, my phone to the tv.. It will let me log in using those, but won't play. It just says "connecting" forever and ever.

I've deleted the app, logged out, restarted my tv, unplugged my tv, restarted my router.. You name it, I've done it. And still nothing. Help?!

Tv is fully updated, so is my phone. Spotify works on every other device.

10 Replies

Hi @K2rolyn 

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• Did this first happen after an update to the TV Firmware and/or the Spotify app?
  • What model is the TV exaclty and what Spotify Versions you use.
  • Try connecting the TV to a different network and testing if the behaviour remains. If necessary, you can make a hotspot with your phone.
  • Some photos or a video of the behaviour would be really helpful

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same issue. I've had my Samsung TV since July 2023 and downloaded Spotify with no issues until ab out 3 weeks ago. Whenever I go to the app and press play on anything, it starts to skip to other songs, playlist and screens. What is the solution for this?

Hey @weldonp3,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

First up, we suggest that you unplug your TV from power > restart your router > plug your TV back to check if that makes the difference. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind checking if the same happens while using a different internet connection? You can try for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi. I tried everything you listed and it did not fix the problem. Please
advise.

Hey @weldonp3,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd also recommend that you check for a pending update for your Spotify App on the TV. If you see one available - make sure to install it and check if you'll still experience this. The update page should look like the screenshot below. Keep in mind that different TV's models have slightly different interfaces, however, if there is an update available - you should see Update/Launch/ Cancel options. Make sure to restart your TV if you'll be performing this action.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

LyubkaModerator

There is no screenshot in the email. Please send. Thank you!

Hey @weldonp3,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Sometimes different format pictures can't be opened on all devices due to restrictions and that might be the reason why you're not seeing the screenshot attached in the previous reply. No worries, as an alternative - we'd suggest that you check out this article as there you'll find more information about updating apps on Samsung TV. 

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator

PLEASE IGNORE - Issue solved. Waiting more during unplug/plug & router restart seems to do the trick!

--------

same problem as weldonp3 : Whenever I go to the app and press play on anything, it starts to skip to other songs, playlist and screens. 

I already tried all solutions I believe... Do you have any other suggestions

1- there is only reinstall option in the apps section of my Samsung TV. couple of times I tried reinstall button, its not helping.

2- restarting the router, discharging the TV (unplug while it is on, wait 30 secs plug it again) is not helping

3- opening app on mobile phone and using connect device to my Samsung TV is not helping

finally - I have only one internet , one network I cant try another network.

your reply I will very much appreciate. Good days!

I had the same problem I unplugged router and the TV with seemed to work. However, Spotify on the TV came back with a bunch of crazy sounding music that was mumbled. I had to go in and out several times to make it work. I have the Class Neo 4k QN90CA 85 inch. I’m not sure what’s wrong with Samsung or Spotify since they both have been doing this for a while. 

Although it seems to be that this issue has been going on for nearly a year, I've started to experience it a few weeks ago. I've tried EVERYTHING...restarting,  rebooting, plug, unplug and nothing. Speaking with Samsung going through all of this, they put it on Spotify...and vice versa. So...there is a real disconnect somewhere because nothing has helped. 

Suggested posts