Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SpotifyConnect not finding speaker groups

Solved!

SpotifyConnect not finding speaker groups

Hi, 

I bought 5 JBL Playlist and set them up using Google Home. 

This worked perfectly fine, I can find and play music on all speakers. 

Then I started setting up various groups, the first day this worked perfectly fine as well and I could connect with all of them. 

Somehow when I returned from work the next day, they all disappeared in the spotify app. I still see them in the Google home app but can't connect to them via spotify. 

If I disable wifi they show up for a second and if I'm fast enough I can connect to them before they vanish again. 

All speakers are in the same WiFi and my router is set up to allow communication between devices. 

Well, it worked on day 1 so there wasn't any issue. Now I'm clueless though why they are not showing up anymore any ideas? 

29 Replies

Hi @fullmetallotus

Thanks for this info. 

Could you let us know if you've already tried the Solution from the post you mentioned?

It would also be helpful to know your device's exact OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running so we can investigate further.

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I really would not be here without having tried the available fixes first.

Hi again @fullmetallotus

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you send over the requested device info? This will help us continue investigating the issue. 

If possible, you can include the screenshot in your next response. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator

I expressed this already previously. Can you look back at what I've added already?

Hey @fullmetallotus

Thanks for the reply. 

We understand you're running the latest versions available for you. However, we'd like to know the exact app version and OS version currently running on your devices.

Keep in mind that it's necessary to gather as much info as we can because it helps us take a deeper look at the issue and narrow down the cause. 

We'll be right here.

NovyModerator

Again: This has been occurring for months, across OS's. But fine: MacOS
11.2.3. iOS 14.4.2

This is a horrible customer service experience.

Hey @fullmetallotus,

Thanks for getting back to us and for providing the requested info.

The troubleshooting done so far points to the problem most likely laying with one or more of the devices in the speaker groups. A user who experienced a similar problem posted in this thread that by removing his speaker groups and testing them out by adding the speakers one by one, he was able to detect which ones were causing the issue. We are aware that it could be a bit tedious, but we recommend that you try the same and see if it can be narrowed down to specific devices in your case as well. If so, it's a good idea to factory reset them and check if this resolves the issue.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I also have this issue from time to time. I don't have three dots beside the speaker groups or speakers. There's ONE that has this, but only option there is "Forget this speaker". And I'm talking on PC and android. But on PC I just exited the program on all computers, then start it up on one. They all came in again. Don't know why this happens, they should have made it so you can hide speakers and groups, maybe even a refresh button to search for groups and speakers again.

Constant frustration of finding speakers and not groups. Works sometimes but never when I need it

Suggested posts