Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotily on Grace Digital internet radio?

Solved!

Spotily on Grace Digital internet radio?

I am enjoying my new radio. It would be perfect if I could get Spotify on it. Is this possible?

27 Replies

What kind of "Spotify options" are you meaning? I didn't know there were
options. I thought there was Spotify or no Spotify.

Thanks

This still makes me sad. My TV is now smarter than my Grace Digital Solo. I've been waiting a couple years and this still hasn't developed.  Wonder what the hangup is.

response to

"‎2015-06-24 05:04 PM

Note that with the free Plex Media Server installed on a computer on your network, you can add the Spotify channel to Plex. Though it doesn't make Spotify Radio (which sucks anyway, use Pandora) available, several other main Spotify options CAN be used from Grace Digital if you go to Media Players -> uPnP Servers -> Plex -> Spotify."

can u log into your spotify account that way and access your playlists and what not?

Ok....  I am goint to try it right now! 

Since Logitech is kinda dead when it comes to the Squeezebox and no more SirirusXM support... went to the Grace Radio... and little did i realize id now lose Spotify... I *cant* seem to win at streaming audio devices....

-J

where's the list?

@Jordan1 wrote:
What kind of "Spotify options" are you meaning? I didn't know there were
options. I thought there was Spotify or no Spotify.

Thanks

Uhm the stations and picks for spotify are an optional thing... (Spotify Radio)

Some devices are only playlist and search only....

And some devices do not support spotify connect

Id consider in general there are 3 flavors of spotify support..

Full service with Spotify Radio and Connect

Connect Only

Playlist and search only (many older devices)..

-J

Marked as solution

As an aside supposedly the new Grace Digital Mondo + will be supporting Spotify natively but it hasnt been approved/signed off on yet.. But in the meantime you can chromecast Spotify to it...  Oftentimes i prefer streaming devices to support Spotify natively vs relying on a third party connection.. Using BT to connect oftentimes sounds crappy unless the AptX codec is supported.. which is still not on a lot of BT speakers and devices.. 

Suggested posts