Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Squeezebox displaying content that cannot be played

Squeezebox displaying content that cannot be played

Searching via Squeezebox touch seems to find more results than via PC but I can't play most of them due to region restriction. There is a setting for this on PC spotify that only displays content that can be played, how to I stop this happening on Squeezebox?

Cheers

9 Replies

I bet you can't but it sounds really annoying. Do you know it's restricted before trying to play it?

How are you finding Spotify on the Squeezebox touch? I've been looking at getting one specifically for using with Spotify.

I understand you can use stream music from the Squeezebox and also a computer (same account). This is correct?

If you try and stream from a mobile and computer it complains. If both are on the same account only one can stream at any one time, the other must play local content.

I have been using Squeezebox for a few months now. I can confirm that there is a bug in the Spotify app. Playback will stop if the next track in the que is unavailable for playback either because of country restrictions or because it is a song you have added manually (mp3) to your spotify playlist via the desktop app. The only way to fix this is by removing those songs from your playlist. Unfortunately the 'Hide anavailable songs' options on the Desktop app is not implemented on the Squeezebox app.

If you are streaming via your Squeezebox you cannot use spotify on another device. Your Squeezebox will carry on streaming but the device you attempt to use spotify on will prevent you from doing so.

You can control your Squeezebox radio over the web by accessing www.mysqueezebox.com or on your ipad but I don't think you can stream on another device either than the Squeezebox.

@ hajisavvas:

Thanks for the lengthy reply.

I've read the lack of "Hide unavailable songs" option is a problem across many Spotifty platforms. Can't you just skip to the next track? You cannot remove tracks from other people's locked playlists.

Sorry I wasn't clear, can you stream two different Spotify streams from two Squeezeboxes, at the same time?

I know you cannot stream Squeezebox and a PC/Mobile at the same time but I understand two Squeezeboxes on the same network, is seen as the same different internal IDs. I spoke to one of the Spotify customer support reps on the old forum about it.

Thanks

p.s - Can you control Spotify on Squeezebox from MySqueezebox.com? So you can change what Spotify is playing on Squeezebox from another room? That would be cool.

Yes you can skip to the next track manually if streaming stops, but its annoying. It cannot skip automatically if a song is unavailable. The stream will just stop.

What do you wanna do exactly? Stream on two Squeezeboxes at the same time, with the same Spotify account? Also do you wan't them to be playing the same songs at the same time?  I don't think this is possible but I cannot tell you cause i've only got one squeezebox. I know that you can play the same songs on different Sonos devices though.

And yes, you can control spotify using the online web based remote on www.mysqueezebox.com

"Stream on two Squeezeboxes at the same time, with the same Spotify account?" - Correct.

I haven't really thought about whether it would be the same song. I guess in theory but you'd think if it allows it in general, it wouldn't matter whether it's the same song or not.

Fair enough. Squeezeboxes are a bit pricey. That's good about Sonos and both are streaming tracks right? What about different streaming songs on Sonos? If it works for Sonos, hopefully it works for Squeezebox too.

Would you say, despite the faults Spotify on Squeezebox is still worth it?

It looks like a modern way to get music in a bedroom. I sold my CD Player a few months back, I was finding I never used it anymore. Great about mysqueezebox.com.

Thanks for the reply.

Leave it with me, ill do some research and ill let u know about using two squeezeboxes.

Ild say its worth it. I bought mine online from dixons for £100. They stil sell it but its gone up to £125 (http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/logitech-squeezebox-internet-radio-black-03368690-pdt.html)

I find it really usefull, especially the fact that i can set my alarms for each morning without even having to touch it, just by logging in to the squeezebox website or via the ipad or android app on my phone.

I may not use it to stream from Spotify everyday since i use my ipad and pc a lot but i use it for its radios and alarms. You can also program it to stop streaming after a period of time which is great when you want it to stop after falling asleep.

The mobile app is awesome because you can control it or set it up while in bed if you dont have it next to your bed.

I think you should go for it. The speaker quality is also good. I even connect it to my laptop sometimes when im watching a movie via the line in feature.

Thanks hajisavvas.

I've been looking at the Squeezebox Touch.

Personally i would buy two original squeezeboxes for £200 for both rather than buy the touch one that will cost £200 pounds on its own.

Suggested posts