Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred playlist won't update

Starred playlist won't update

Hey there; I'm using Spotify now since a while and have starred a couple of hundreds of tracks at that time. I've discovered that at some point Spotify automatically generated a playlist called "Starred" containing all these tracks I've starred. Awesome. Now I see the number of tracks haven't changed since a while, though I have starred more tracks meanwhile. How do I get this list updated with newly starred tracks and how do I get rid of those I've unstarred? Thanks for support!

2 Replies

I've got quite a similar problem. Although I have the most recent PC and Android versions of Spotify, I've been also listening to music using some more obsolete versions at DENON CEOL PICCOLO N-5 and Parrot Asteroid SMART (which I bought for my car PRIMARLY because of Spotify).

So until August (I guess) I had a playlist called "Favourites" at new-Spotify devices (PC and Android), and STARRED at old-Spotify devices (car and Denon). Both had been miraculously synced until then.

Since August though, they kind of split their ways, and when I star something in car, it won't appear in Favourites on PC, and when I add something to Favourites on PC/phone - it won't appear in the STARRED playlist.

The only workaround I found so far is to delete the Spotify account on Denon/Parrot, clear all the cached files, and add the account again. It syncs coorrectly at the first time, but that's that.

Dear Spotify, don't forget about devices running your old software 😉

Tech support? Community? Anyone? Help?

Suggested posts