Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop Spotify from playing "Next from.." episodes of a podcast instead of playing sequentially!

Stop Spotify from playing "Next from.." episodes of a podcast instead of playing sequentially!

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPad Pro 2021/Google Pixel 3a/Desktop/Google Home/Alexa

Operating System

Most recent of all as of March 2022

My Question or Issue

I've always enjoyed listening to podcasts but recently I'm getting so frustrated! When I want to listen to podcast episodes or catch up with a bunch, instead of me pressing play on one episode and Spotify working its way down the line, instead it plays random episodes in the queue (most I've already heard?!) which today I found out is due to the queue "Next from..." situated below the main Spotify Queue. How can I turn this off?

I want to listen to my podcast episodes in order, not in a random order that Spotify/The Podcast dictates!

4 Replies

Hey @kellalizard,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you please share with us a video recording of what you're seeing? Just make sure that any sensitive or private info is hidden. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your reply. Please see screenshot below. Rather than play podcasts in order Newest to Oldest, or Oldest to Newest, or even just stop playing entirely - it does this. It seems to pick the order at random and it's so annoying for it to start playing episodes from 4 years ago or things I've already listened to. It does it with every podcast. And even if I give a podcast a break for a while and have a few episodes to catch up on, it doesn't even do that in order. It just does this "Next up..." And I can't see where to turn it off. It does it on this Windows PC I'm on now, and my Pixel 3A, but I noticed it didn't do it on my Mac at home yesterday, it just stopped playing after 1 episode.spotify.jpg

On the screenshot above, I'm aware that they are in order - however it either doesn't play them in this order, or the Next Up... Playlist is randomly generated, as other podcasts just play random episodes.

Hey @kellalizard,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you please try logging in to another account on the same devices to see if that makes a difference?

In case you've tried other troubleshooting steps let us know. That way we can avoid repeating steps.

If nothing changes, could you try sharing with us a video recording of the issue? From the screenshot it seems like the podcast episodes are listed as they were uploaded which should be the expected behavior. Once we have a video recording, we can investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts