Free

Country

UK

Device

Google Home, Android, iPad & PC

Operating System

(iOS 12, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Irrespective of device, whenever  I start playing any album or playlist. Spotify freezes after an advert is playing - In this case The Clash Documentary.  It does not matter wich device or group I am listening on.  Spotify then feezes and I cant rewind or play any new tricks.

Thanks

23 Replies

Thanks, most of those options are not available on work devices, and I'm
always using web player, but I've found that the problem generally fixes
itself if I wait a few hours and try again.

As this occurs sporadically but has been reported by large numbers of users
from what I can see on a quick Google, could you fix it please?

I read  Spotify's fixes and known of them work.  I have Windows 10 and more and more often Spotify stops playing after interrupted with an ad.  This is bad and those suggested fixes could have been given my most anyone.  BAD

Same here - I am having this issue in the Windows 10 Spotify App (as well as browser) - fresh install of the app, all cache's cleared, turned off hardware acceleration, no ad blockers,  etc. etc. I've tried every proposed solution I have found and the problem persists. I have to switch to another platform for now until this eventually gets resolved. Good luck to everyone affected by this frustrating, long-term bug.

Hey there @AtomicEffect and @daltexasone,

Thanks for your feedback regarding this issue.

If you're still experiencing this, we recommend you head to this Ongoing Issue and make sure to leave all the relevant information, so that the right folks can get to the bottom of this.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts