Premium

Country

UK

Device

One Plus 6

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

How can I stop recieving full page ads for new songs/albums when I open spotify? I don't want these as they are essentially adverts for something I didn't choose/select/ask for etc. and I'm paying for a Premium Family account so shouldn't be getting ads. TBH, I don't give a pickled **bleep** about Taylor Swift or her new album so please tell me how to stop this from happening.

Thanks in advance anyone who cares to respond.

1 Reply

Hey there @Zdeevo,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly help you out.

Keep in mind that Premium users sometimes receive banners and pop-ups with music recommendations. These can be dismissed, but not turned off. 

If this is what you meant, it seems that other Spotify users also mentioned they'd like to see in this feature removed and posted an idea. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, if there are any.
​​​
If you meant that you receive the regular adverts, we suggest that you check the subscription status on your account page.

If it's free, it would seem either your payment for the Family plan is not processed or you're logged in the wrong account. This page has instructions on how to find your Premium account. 

If you post a screenshot of what you are seeing, that would help us investigate this further. You can use the Insert Photos option in the post editor to do this.

Tip: Make sure the screenshot doesn’t show any sensitive info such as payment or personal data. 

Hope you find this helps. Keep us posted how you get on.

Have an awesome day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts