Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Symbian] Spotify no longer exists after updating Nokia 500 to Belle

Solved!

[Symbian] Spotify no longer exists after updating Nokia 500 to Belle

I've been a happy Premium customer for a while, but Spotify has failed to supply Nokia 500 phones with the software after the Nokia Belle update. I have been waiting, but it hasn't happened yet. Justifying the cost of Premium has become difficult, and so I intend to cancel my subscription unless I get a Spotify app for my phone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Turning off and on, the phone, the old version of Spotify for Nokia 500 Symbian also is working fine.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Nokia 500 users, use this link ( http://store.ovi.com/content/31703/download ) to download Spotify .sis file and install it to your phone via Nokia Suite.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

I'm very frustated because Spotify doesn't support Nokia 500 Belle anymore, and I've cancelled my Premium subscription.  Very disappointed.  Man Frustrated

I just installed the C7 version of Spotify to Nokia 500 running Belle and it is working OK at least after a short use.

Marked as solution

Turning off and on, the phone, the old version of Spotify for Nokia 500 Symbian also is working fine.

Thanks

Turning off and on the phone, the old version of Spotify for Nokia 500 Symbian also is working fine.

Also canceled my premium subsciption because no belle support. 😞

I am now canceling my subscription due to lack of Belle support.

Marked as solution

Nokia 500 users, use this link ( http://store.ovi.com/content/31703/download ) to download Spotify .sis file and install it to your phone via Nokia Suite.

I tried to do that, but my mobile says, that device is not compatible with application. Despite the fact, I continued downloading. So I managed to download Spotify, but it doesn't work when I try to use it.

That's really sad and strange. With my Nokia 701 Belle Spotify works.

I Found a way on this i went to spotify, tab mobile Get started: Is your phone compatible? typed my phone number on it and select device Nokia 5530 xpressMusic, i have nokia 500, its working perfectly

Thank you very much!! I've already installed in my nokia 500 as you said and it work flawlessly. I hope it continues working next days

I have a Nokia 500 Belle Refresh but I was not able to install Spotify. Is it available for this phone?

Yep, C7 works on my Nokia 500, thanks

I just installed the C7 version of Spotify to Nokia 500 running Belle and it is working OK too

I have a Nokia 500 running on Belle and here's what worked for me today: open your phone web browser, do a web search for "spotify for mobile". One of the results leads to "installing spotify mobile" page where it reads "unable to detect a supported device". Click on it. A page opens where it reads: "Looks like you're a Nokia/symbian user but we're unable to detect which model". Then the page asks you to choose your phone model from a list of supported devices. Choose Nokia C7 and download the installer. The rest should take care of itself, just install the app. Hope this helps!

Suggested posts