Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

TOO MANY ADS!!!

TOO MANY ADS!!!

Before I would get ads and this guy with a slow, deep voice would say something like "Now you have 30 minutes of free play" or whatever. Now I listen to TWO songs and get bombarded by ads. I don’t mean I replay the songs either. I play right through them once, then ads pop up out of nowhere. I'm a free account. I understand that Spotify needs the ads to run itself, but did it change its policy somewhere saying that free users must have their ears tortured by relentless ads??? I want my 30-minute ad-free play NOT tickets to Universal or whatever every 5 minutes, like seriously?? Pushing that "Get Premium" agenda a bit too aggressively here.

12 Replies

Hey there @PichuGirl,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your thoughts with the Community. 

We understand where you're coming from and will make sure all your feedback reaches the right teams. We always aim to improve and you can be sure that your voice will be heard.

You can also visit this page to find out more about our current special offers. We regularly put out deals that let our users enjoy Premium and ad-free listening at a reduced price or even for free.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Could not agree more. I literally played an album. Before it started it asked me to watch a video to get 30 min uninterrupted. I watched it, and still 5 minutes later it’s giving me 6 ads in a row!!!! On top of it, they mixed in songs not even from same genre of album that you’re forced to listen through.

No thanks. I just deleted the app, I’ll go elsewhere.

I have to agree. Having recently cancelled premium in response to a price rise (seriously, how much  money do you need to make) and then found that I have been advertised gin every two and sometimes one song in the last 45 minutes. There is a limit - I’ll go elsewhere or back to CDs and hopefully enough other people will do the same until someone realises that this is no longer a good service or value for money and does something about it. Everything has its day I suppose. 

Just pay I did 

if you feel that way then you need to deal with the ads.. thats why Spotify should had never gave this away for free too many entitled people folks need to be paid 

Who are you replying to?

He didn't asked how to use premium, he asked why the 30 minutes ad free is a fat lie

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

This was an ongoing issue that should be fixed. Can you make sure that you're running the latest version of the app by following the steps that's provided in this article.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm not even using the app **bleep**

Hi again @liperat,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you have someone log in with their account - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists?

If you don't have anyone around you with an account you can always create a test account here,

Keep us posted.

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm not in my pc now, so nobody can check it

Hi @liperat

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, take your time to check this when you have access to your PC again. 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts