Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Tesla][Playlists] Daily Mix for Tesla App

[Tesla][Playlists] Daily Mix for Tesla App

Native Spotify app for Tesla does not have Daily Mixes. Please add this!

8 Replies

Hey, @mlitkey 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Just for your information, we've moved your thread to the Help Board, because it seems that, actually, you're experiencing an issue. The absence of Daily Mixes on the built-in Spotify app for Tesla cars is not an expected situation.

In light of this, I'd like to ask you some things in other to try to find a solution for your case. So, let's go...

1. Are you experiencing the same if you use your account on a different device?
  2. Or in case, would you mind to connect another Spotify account to Tesla's app to make sure if the problem persists across accounts?
  3. And last but not least, can you tell me what is the exact version of the Spotify app you're running on your car?

Please, keep me posted, and thanks in advance 🙂

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Herzog,

The Your Daily Drive and other “made for you” playlists will appears in my Spotify Tesla app under playlists but only if I Follow it on iOS or Mac first. There is no Made For You section in the Tesla App. Also, the news tracks from NPR are in the Your Daily Drive playlist but they are greyed out and auto skipped by the player. I have to manually tap them to play them. I’m not sure how to see what version of spotify I have in the car but the car is a Model Y running software version 2020.36.3.

Thanks,
Matt

Unfortunately I cannot try this on another “device” because I only have 1 Tesla! Also, I don’t have another Spotify account to try in the car. I’m attaching an image of the greyed out NPR tracks in the Your Daily Drive playlist. 

CD588BD5-FD0A-43EE-9BD1-A366C955FCBE.jpeg

Hey again, @mlitkey 

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the pieces of information you provided to us. 

Checking on backstage, I spotted that you're right when saying that the Made for You playlists section is not available on Tesla, so as you've said, you would need to follow the playlists to have it showed up on your car. If you want to, you can submit a brand new idea here in the community requesting the availability of the section on Spotify for Tesla. You can get the step-by-step of the submission process here:

After submitting your idea, don't forget to share it with your friends to make the idea popular enough to reach the Staff.

As for the greyed out podcast, are you able to play it on your other devices, like your phone or desktop too? Is there video content on this podcast?

Keep me posted and thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi Herzog,

Thanks for the response. I’ll submit the Made For You request to idea exchange!

With regard to the news tracks in the Your Daily Drive playlist, these are audio only and are not podcasts but are just tracks in the playlist. They do play automatically in Spotify for Mac. Please see the attached pic. Unfortunately it wont let me attach a video of it auto playing but I promise it does go right from the “It’s Friday” track to NPR news automatically. 

Thanks,

Matt

image.jpg

Hey again, @mlitkey 

I know I've already asked it, but isn't there any other Spotify account you can connect on your car? It can be a parent's or friend's account... I'm just asking it because we need to know if the issue you're experiencing is account-related or not.

Keep me posted!

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Has this ever been looked into? Having to stream from my phone when Spotify is built into the Tesla is a little ridiculous…

Hi @Niewiado!

Could you share a short video which shows this issue in action? That way we can get a clear idea of what's happening on your end.

If you're unable to attach the video to your reply directly, you can instead upload it to a cloud service and share the link.

We'll be on the lookout. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts