Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The new Spotify App on LG WebOS

Solved!

The new Spotify App on LG WebOS

Hi y'all

Could someone please tell me if the shuffling is done by the app, or by the back-end service?

Only I've just installed the WebOS app on my LG TV, and the shuffle is bringing up Alanis Morisette like 1 in 4 or even 1 in three; it's also heavily biassing towards some other artists and missing out a LOT of stuff. (BTW I have 24 songs from AM in my library, and I'm shuffling a 1080 song playlist - that's 2.2% of my songs are Alanis, and yet it's being played over 25% of the time).

If it's being done by the app, it's BROKEN. I want shuffle to be completely random with some sort of "avoid repetition" algorithm behind.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Did you add the songs recently? The (frankly terrible on all platforms) shuffle system heavily biases recent additions to playlists over older ones, and it also does a bunch of other funky stuff to make a terrible shuffle.

I want the full random shuffle back too. I've had nothing but problems since they introduced the new "appears more random" shuffle a couple of years ago.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Did you add the songs recently? The (frankly terrible on all platforms) shuffle system heavily biases recent additions to playlists over older ones, and it also does a bunch of other funky stuff to make a terrible shuffle.

I want the full random shuffle back too. I've had nothing but problems since they introduced the new "appears more random" shuffle a couple of years ago.

Suggested posts