Announcements
We're aware that some podcasts are unplayable right now. Additional info can be found here.

The top 6 shortcuts on my homepage is gone for months

Solved!

The top 6 shortcuts on my homepage is gone for months

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 14.8.1

My Question or Issue

The top section on the homepage of 6 shortcuts has been missing for almost a year, and during the time there's only a "recently played" section instead. It's funny actually, I was already forgot about it early the day and then i saw a topic of the new functions in Spotify beta, the screenshot the man posted it's literally a complete version compared to mine. 

The fact is I can't clearly remember how long the section has been missing, cause for what I can remember was the section never worked properly, occasionally. Last year while it still on my homepage, i had seen it didn't update the shortcuts for two months and one thing you should know is i was  listening all kinds of music every weeks at the time, just wanted it to update but it finally update at the third months since I found it didn't worked. Does the AI really needs months to update a code for me or what? The section missed a month after that.

Since then I have been using the Spotify without shortcuts on the top till now. So please I do miss the shortcuts/section, it was definitely an issue in my account and i need answer and solution!

1st pic is my own page of Spotify, you can see there's obviously no sight of the shortcuts section, and it sure is my daily experience of using the app.

2nd pic is from a Chinese friends of mine.

3rd pic is a pic on the topic I saw early the day, and they are exactly the same as my friend.

115574696423.jpg

884566733451.jpg

wvvt77t7hqn81.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've had this issue for months as well but now I have it finally resolved.

The problem could be the Facebook data tracking. If you have it disabled try to enable it and wait some time - day or two did that for me.

You can change your processing settings for certain data categories from your account page or directly from the Spotify desktop app. 

View solution in original post

image.png
12 Replies

Hi @idonknowher,

Welcome to the Community.

In order to check this further, could you send us the Spotify version installed on your iPhone? Additionally, tell us if this happens when logging in with a different device (phone). 

We'll keep an eye on your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Greeting. Thanks for your response.

I've tried to log into my iPhone 6 (the phone i used before, version 8.6.80.1180), and it's the same.

You can see the Spotify version i'm now using is 8.7.14.807, i updated it days ago. I don't think it's about the version i'm using, cause the function was just missed without me updating it artificially.

33c4756a502987f702eba2eed967050.jpg077ebbc0779691cba254b10c09ed442.jpgpc.png

Hi there @idonknowher,

Thank you for your reply and for the detailed information.

Can you provide us a screen recording of both desktop and from your phone when you slowly scroll down the homepage so that we can have a closer direct look from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Sure do. Check it in the attachment.

I also tried to reinstall it on both devices, still, it didn't help. These 2 video i recorded is my daily experience of using Spotify.

Hey @idonknowher

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far. 

Just to confirm, are you a Beta tester?

On another note, could you try creating a new account here to check if that section appears there?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yeah, i just signed up a new account and i've been listenin on it for about 3 hours.

I know i shouldn't be so quick to draw a conclusion, you can see there's still the same as my original account.

The thing is the section usually appear once i starting to play an album or something, oh i'm so depressed.

I'll keep using the new account and contact you when there's something new.

2nd pic is the screenshot i logined with my friend's account.

bbbf1f26bc598caadb91d25ee54a011.jpg3c9303ecd83b4f6a42a31b8e4253685.jpg

It's been 2 days since i create the new account, and it was still the same.

This's a total issue in there, in case you guys don't notice, i found the main problem is not about devices or versions or network or something like that, it's the account itself.

Here's the thing, i know Spotify is running all kinds of tests for new functions to different users, all the time, cause the app always need update - even if my account did make a great reference value for these tests, there's no proper reasons you can just shut down one of my fav functions for months! You know i am a loyal user as i've been paid the premium membership for a year. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Now you got enough info from me, then please, check my account, dig sth and do sth.

Hey there @idonknowher

So sorry for the delayed reply.

We appreciate all the info you've sent and the troubleshooting you've tried so far. Sometimes the issue might lie with an account and the only way around it is creating a new one - the Shortcuts usually appear after about 2 weeks of use of an account. We, as customer service, are not able to make changes to how the Home page displays content as that is an automated process.

Our last suggestion is to try playing music via our web player as we've noticed that sometimes forces a sync between the feature and the account, but otherwise we'd recommend using your new account to generate information to get that shelf on your Home page.

Thank you for your cooperation on this. Keep us in the loop!

ElenaModerator
Marked as solution

I've had this issue for months as well but now I have it finally resolved.

The problem could be the Facebook data tracking. If you have it disabled try to enable it and wait some time - day or two did that for me.

You can change your processing settings for certain data categories from your account page or directly from the Spotify desktop app. 

image.png

It's very kind of you, i'll try it, thanks again.

Much appreciated, it did worked! My fav function is back on my homepage.

Thank yall for your patience, and be well.

20220424123913.jpg

Hey there @idonknowher,

Thanks for letting us know that the functionality is back and working for you 🙂

Just to confirm, did you follow the advice of @xhelg or you've managed to resolve this in another way? If the first, then maybe accept it as a solution, so other users can benefit form that info. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts