Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The track is not available for some songs only

The track is not available for some songs only

Hi, I am finding that most of the songs from my local library won't sync or download to Spotify either my new Android phone or older iPod Touch. I can download all my playlists of non-local files, and some of the songs on playlists I make with local files, but most of the songs on those are greyed out, and I can't play them when connected, or download them for offline use. I've restarted Spotify several times, made sure that the playlist says "available offline", and done pretty much everything else I've read in suggestions to other posts. I do have a Premium subscription. It doesn't seem to be about the playlists, as new songs show up on both devices, just don't play, and some of the songs on the same playlists do play and download.

When I pick "Devices" on my desktop version of Spotify, I don't see my devices - just a message to get get Android or iOS version, both of which I already have. My desktop version of Spotify is 0.9.1.57.ge7405129.

Any help would be great, thank you.

5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you have any firewall software which might be blocking Spotify's connections? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Thanks, I don't. Most of my playlists and even some local songs sync fine - it's just some (most) of the local songs that don't.

@eek wrote:

Hi Peter,

Thanks, I don't. Most of my playlists and even some local songs sync fine - it's just some (most) of the local songs that don't.

Is there anything different about those files such as format? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Not that I can tell, and I've looked at everything about them, including the mp3 tags. Some are available on Spotify too, so I don't think it's that.

Hi. I think what's happening is that your local files aren't being synched to your mobile devices. When you choose to download a playlist from your mobile, it will only download spotify content which can be matched to those local file names.

To synch local files, you have to follow the steps in this FAQ. For it to work, spotify must be open on your desktop and mobile device and that mobile device must show under "devices" in the desktop client. If it doesn't appear, you have a communication issue and synching won't start.

Check out the connection troubleshooting post to start with.

Suggested posts