Country

Brasil

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi!

First of all i wanna say i never knew Spotify had a video player until the JRE moved there. But boy is it trash.

The video player only takes up about 30% of screen space, and it doesn't even allow me to see or choose the resolution its being played in. 

It would be really great if there was a way to fix this. Maybe a theater mode like the one YouTube and Twitch have, that focus more screen space on the video and not all the other junk around it. Or maybe a popout player on it's standalone window, like the afore mentioned platforms offer as well. 

You see, full screen doesn't really help me here. I don't need to watch 20-something inches of podcast only a few feet away from my face. 

A bigger player, however would be greatly appreciated!

Ps: While we are at it, can someone explain to me why the program takes 2-3 minutes to load when i first launch it?

Cheers!

Captura de tela 2020-12-16 170149.png
5 Replies

Hey @victoraygo,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We understand where you're coming from and will make sure all your feedback reaches the right teams. We always aim to improve and you can be sure that your voice will be heard. Might we also recommend that you post your ideas about the video player on our board? You can learn how to do this here. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

As for the slow loading time - could you let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device? We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations. Make sure to install the app version from the Microsoft Store as it's the one best optimized for Windows 10.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail. Thanks for the reply! 

The slow load times do persist after clean installs. 

This is a  issue I've been having for a long time, throughout  a few computer changes and formats. 

I almost imagine this could have something to do with the fact I still use hard drives, however, it doesn't make sense to me that something as light as Spotify should require a SSD, so i am a little lost as to what could be causing it.  

Hi @victoraygo

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the information you sent. 

Could you check if the OS of your PC has any pending updates? It's also well worth trying it with a different internet connection and let us know if it makes the difference.

On another note, can you give it a try on the web player to check if the issue persists?

We'll be waiting for your reply!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi sorry for the late reply! 

No pending updates, i usually install them as soon as possible.

As far as internet connection... I can't really try a different one since i use a desktop PC. That shouldn't be the issue though, i have 120mbs download and 12mbps upload.

The program opens bit by bit. First, a black screen, then the close, maximize and minimize buttons show up (normally on the wrong monitor at first) then once it has all come together the home page pops in. This whole process takes about 3 minutes. The weirdest behavior i have seen in a long time 

Hi @victoraygo,

Thanks for the reply.

You can try clearing any entries that contain Spotify from your Host files. This often improves the performance of the app on some systems

Follow the steps from this Solution and let us know if that helped.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts