Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Throwback Thursday Archive

Solved!

Throwback Thursday Archive

Looking for last week’s (May 16-22, 2019) track list of songs from #ThrowbackThursday playlist. Like a total newb, I forgot to add them to a personal playlist. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Sawyer612, don't know if you ever found a solution to this.  What I do is select all the songs in the playlist and then "Add to new playlist".  I've got a folder called "Throwback Thursday Archive" and I keep it all there.  HTH

View solution in original post

10 Replies

I’m thinking I should make a public playlist every week as a “back-up” for people who don’t/forget to manually make their copy of the weekly playlist. I’m surprised Spotify doesn’t already do this with so many people following this playlist. Any suggestions for a title format? #throwbackthursday archive month day year? Anyone understand the search feature enough to know what would be most user-friendly? TIA!!

It’s funny...I searched for just that “#throwbackthursday archive” hoping another kind soul was already cataloging the playlist history. Do you have last week’s 🤞🏻

I don’t 😞 I came upon your posting looking for it lol. 

Hey @Anapet22 and @Acalaharrison,

If you like a playlist we made for you, be sure to back it up in one of your own playlists because it's not possible to go back to a previous version.

Sorry about that! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day 🙂

How exactly do you "backup a playlist" to your library. I don't see an option that says specifically backup? I want to make sure I do it right so I don't miss playlists that go by...

Marked as solution

@Sawyer612, don't know if you ever found a solution to this.  What I do is select all the songs in the playlist and then "Add to new playlist".  I've got a folder called "Throwback Thursday Archive" and I keep it all there.  HTH

I know this was marked solved but here are a few methods for archiving or finding TBT archives:

1. Each week manually save the Throwback Thursday songs.  You can save either to one long ongoing archive playlist like many people do or do save each week's TBT songs  to a new playlist each week like I 've done since 2018.

2. Use IFTTT to create an automated archiving process either into a single ongoing archive playlist or into a new playlist each week.  I used to do this but changes at IFTTT made the process break and I couldn't fix it.  Perhaps you might have better luck.
  3. Search for Throwback Thursday Archives on Spotify.  Here's one long ongoing archive that dates to 2017:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6adJ7GNVdMUxfsrHvHj4Qd?si=53834c5341f5489a

HTH

Hi! I know this is an old post but people have mentioned they archive TBT playlists, do you still do this? I missed one on 19 Sept 22 which was really good and gutted its gone. Do you happen to have it, or even just the track list?

Thanks so much!

@thaks,

I have full TTH archives since 2018 through current date and a few TTH playlists archived from 2016 an 2017.

No TTH playlist was release on 2022.09.19 but 1 of these 2 are probably what you're looking for:

Here's the link to the 2022.09.15 School's Back and We're Not Ok TTH playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6BtZFPyI6QsbTF8die2heK?si=696d054f569d43a1

Here's the current TTH Groovin' playlist from 2022.09.22: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/79IBesxSwyQ01yk1nYvaQ2?si=1ff18372c46f48af

Thank you so much for replying!! Was not expecting it to be seen! The date was 2020.09.15 and not 19 so you are right, but they playlists you have shared don't look like the one I'm looking for. The one im looking for was the official spotify playlist and it had an image like the one on the attachment. I know these change every week but just as a guidance on which ThrowbackThursday playlist I'm looking for.

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 09.13.43.png

Suggested posts