Throwback Thursday Archive

Solved!

Throwback Thursday Archive

Anapet22
Casual Listener

Looking for last week’s (May 16-22, 2019) track list of songs from #ThrowbackThursday playlist. Like a total newb, I forgot to add them to a personal playlist. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

D_L

@Sawyer612, don't know if you ever found a solution to this.  What I do is select all the songs in the playlist and then "Add to new playlist".  I've got a folder called "Throwback Thursday Archive" and I keep it all there.  HTH

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Acalaharrison
Casual Listener

I’m thinking I should make a public playlist every week as a “back-up” for people who don’t/forget to manually make their copy of the weekly playlist. I’m surprised Spotify doesn’t already do this with so many people following this playlist. Any suggestions for a title format? #throwbackthursday archive month day year? Anyone understand the search feature enough to know what would be most user-friendly? TIA!!

Anapet22
Casual Listener

It’s funny...I searched for just that “#throwbackthursday archive” hoping another kind soul was already cataloging the playlist history. Do you have last week’s 🤞🏻

Acalaharrison
Casual Listener

I don’t 😞 I came upon your posting looking for it lol. 

Guido
Spotify Legend

Hey @Anapet22 and @Acalaharrison,

If you like a playlist we made for you, be sure to back it up in one of your own playlists because it's not possible to go back to a previous version.

Sorry about that! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day 🙂

Sawyer612

How exactly do you "backup a playlist" to your library. I don't see an option that says specifically backup? I want to make sure I do it right so I don't miss playlists that go by...

Solution!

D_L

@Sawyer612, don't know if you ever found a solution to this.  What I do is select all the songs in the playlist and then "Add to new playlist".  I've got a folder called "Throwback Thursday Archive" and I keep it all there.  HTH

View solution in original post

MacWehr
Music Fan

I know this was marked solved but here are a few methods for archiving or finding TBT archives:

1. Each week manually save the Throwback Thursday songs.  You can save either to one long ongoing archive playlist like many people do or do save each week's TBT songs  to a new playlist each week like I 've done since 2018.

2. Use IFTTT to create an automated archiving process either into a single ongoing archive playlist or into a new playlist each week.  I used to do this but changes at IFTTT made the process break and I couldn't fix it.  Perhaps you might have better luck.
  3. Search for Throwback Thursday Archives on Spotify.  Here's one long ongoing archive that dates to 2017:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6adJ7GNVdMUxfsrHvHj4Qd?si=53834c5341f5489a

HTH

SUGGESTED POSTS