Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks suddenly greyed out?

Tracks suddenly greyed out?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Why are the bonus tracks on Shine A Light by the Rolling Stones (and the album intro + encores) greyed out? I was able to listen to them fine earlier this evening/before.

7 Replies

Spotify would love to have all the world’s music available to everyone. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available.

I'd recommend reading this article for more info.

Hope this helps!

My point is that they weren't greyed out until last night. They have been available for years now. That page you linked is also the site of an "Unexpected error".

Hey @kwilsonmg,

Sorry for the inconvenience 🙂

It should be working fine now.

I've been having the same issue with a different album (Cinematic by Owl City). I played a few songs then closed the tab. When I came back a few hours later all but one of the songs had been greyed out. I know the album is still availible, but I can't play it. No error messages or anything.

Hey @OwlCityFan! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I'm sorry to say this, but it seems that the album you mentioned got removed from Spotify.

I'd recommend reading this article that @Loxer posted above for more details about it. 

Peace

That's a bummer. The only reason I was listening to it on Spotify was to try and win concert tickets 😞 I bought the ablum when it was released. I'll contact the company that's hosting it and see where I can get with them. 

Either way, thank you for your help! I do appreciate it!

@OwlCityFan

You're welcome! ^^

Let me know if you need something else. 

Peace

Suggested posts