Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tried to watch Joe Rogan podcasts in Ukraine... not available in my country...

Tried to watch Joe Rogan podcasts in Ukraine... not available in my country...

"This content is not available in your country", podcasts don't even show up on the desktop app, the playlists are all empty. Great job guys, when his youtube videos will be gone by the end of year how are we going to watch JRE? Literally no alternative. This is just pathetic, you bought this deal and you can't even stream it in the countries where spotify is supported? Seriously, is this a joke? 

EDIT: Ok, so we have people from Ukraine, ruZZia, Saudi ArabiaBrazil, Kazakhstan, Egypt and Iran here complaining about the same thing. Gonna be fun seeing how many more people from other countries will join this thread so we can have some idea of the scale of this problem. 

99 Replies

JRE still not available on Spotify in South Korea. JRE used to be available on Youtube and the original podcast app. Since South Korea did not stop JRE from being available before, it is definitely Spotify's fault. Why make full JRE podcast exclusive on Spotify when you are going to censor JRE semi-globally??   

Well done Spotify on blocking listeners in developing countries like ours from gaining much needed knowledge via podcasts like the JRE. Thank you so very f***ing much! 👏👏👏 Next time if you're going to have the audacity to take something educational off of YouTube to make it exclusive on your app, at least have the decency to ensure everyone still has the ability to gain access to it. 

This s*** makes no f***ing sense.
YouTube had no problems showing JRE in any given country in the world and it's free of charge. Spotify charges subscription and has all kinds of troubles distributing the SAME kind of product (music\podcasts). On top of that Spotify is actively fighting all kinds of VPN bypasses, hiding it's content from it's own subscribers.
Spotify is a disgrace of a customer service that prefers extorting money to a normal market relationship.
I've bought a Spotify subscription plan in hope to stay tuned to JRE show, instead the show is being restricted for me literally FOR MY MONEY 😄
I hope this deal will be the last of it's kind and Spotify won't continue it's dirty and greedy politics.

Cant watch/listen to the JRE on Spotify with a premium sub located in Russia.
But there is no message like "content not available in your country" or anything else. The official links I get from the Joe Rogan´s Youtube channel simply lead me to my Spotify home screen... What a waste... Shame...

Ukraine - the problem is still here. Could tell us please is this feature planned for our country at all? 

Cannot open JRE podcast. Russia. Please tell us what's the reason?

Spotify deleted my answer to your question. 
Does this answer your question?

they are a woke company. 
is it allowed to say this, or will it deleted again?

🙂

If they are so woke than we are collectivelly offended i heard everyone in the west trembles when the word 'offended' is used. Well, guess what im officially announcing that I AM OFFENDED. Lets play this game. 

That is really weird, I PAY for Spotify in Ukraine and JRE is FREE, but no access for Ukrainians. Sorry, but it sounds very dumb.

Yeah, we are not getting a proper response on this matter anytime soon, just corporate speak.

I really don't get why they can't just flip the switch and turn podcasts on worldwide.
The ads are there, they can run them as they run them in the free version for music.
Do they think we are unable to comprehend the English language or there is no interest in this? Why should it be of concern to them? Just flip the switch and see the streams from the interested people in ALL countries come in. There isn't a country without an interest in the Joe Rogan podcast and many others. Why the **bleep** should I resort to illegal means of listening to it when I'm paying the company that OWNS him for a subscription anyway. So dumb. And it's been a YEAR since Spotify launched in CIS countries - yet the only reply we get is "Soon". How soon is soon?

they're afraid of Putin and hardcore muslim countries rulers

Great job Spotify, really nice to make the most popular podcast in the world inaccessible for the most of the world.

>Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter.

No, it doesn't. You're just saying "yeah, we know you don't have an access, no, we won't tell you a reason, get lost". 

I'm incredibly frustrated that someone just took a worldwide accessible content and limited an access to a few countries.

wym licencing? yall own the rights to the show 

Only audio version in Georgia, better then noting but still can't get the reason

Hi,

one workaround is, use a proxy or VPN with an IP-address from a "free world country" and change the country in your Spotify settings. It works only in a browser.

I think also you have from time to time change it back.

Or my final recommendation:

Dont use Spotify at all!

WTH?! This was the only reason for me to buy a premium 😞 

This **bleep**

Hey folks where always looking bla bla bla. Same corporate bs. All you are saying is no podcasts for you just fo.

every single podcast app works in every country . And NO you don’t need to translate Joe rogan podcast for me in Russian . I don’t think licensing is an issue for podcasts . I used to watch Joe Rogan podcast on YouTube with no problems . Does YouTube have exceptions , and not Spotify ? 
Now I know you don’t care about the tiny amount of people from these obscure countries, but I’d argue buying the Joe Rogan podcast would’ve been a great opportunity to gain customers in these areas . After all you spent a hundred mil on this podcast, you might as well get as much profit from it as possible. Seriously!!, put those podcasts on Spotify . It shouldn’t be that hard to do

Suggested posts