Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Twitter #Music

Twitter #Music

For some strange reason, Twitter Music won't play nice, and I've emailed them but not received a reply. I thought it would be worth checking here to find if anyone else has experienced the same issue. When I visit https://music.twitter.com/ and click on a genre, say, Emerging, I click on Play Full Tracks in the top-right of the screen. It asks me to sign into Spotify or Rdio, so I sign into Spotify using either Facebook or my Spotify login. Then I click Allow to allow Twitter Music to access my basic information. Every single time I get this error message: 500: Internal Server Error I don't know if this is from Spotify's server or Twitter's! Or is it maybe something to do with my username? (four Japanese characters with no spaces) I've had an issue with Spotify because of that before...

3 Replies

@HubristicJ wrote:

For some strange reason, Twitter Music won't play nice, and I've emailed them but not received a reply. I thought it would be worth checking here to find if anyone else has experienced the same issue. When I visit https://music.twitter.com/ and click on a genre, say, Emerging, I click on Play Full Tracks in the top-right of the screen. It asks me to sign into Spotify or Rdio, so I sign into Spotify using either Facebook or my Spotify login. Then I click Allow to allow Twitter Music to access my basic information. Every single time I get this error message: 500: Internal Server Error I don't know if this is from Spotify's server or Twitter's! Or is it maybe something to do with my username? (four Japanese characters with no spaces) I've had an issue with Spotify because of that before...

It is possible, other thing to check is do you have Spotify Premium (its required for Twitter Music)? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yup, I'm a paid premium member, according to the control panel on www.spotify.com

Just tried this on a new computer, all is working fine for me. 

All I can suggest is to try a different browser and see if that makes any difference, otherwise I would suggest you get in touch with twitter support

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts