Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

UE Smart Radio - Track Not Available in Your Region

UE Smart Radio - Track Not Available in Your Region

Just bought a UE Smart Radio and am having an issue with Spotify. More often then not I get a "Track not available in your region" error. What is strange is that on my mobile and desktop, I can go to a Spotify made playlist and songs will play but when I go to the exact same playlist on the UE smart radio, the same tracks won't play.

An example is the Drive Through The Mountains Playlist. One of the songs is Lorde - Royals. It plays fine on PC and mobile, but within the same playlist on the UE Smart Radio it won't play. It even has different album art.

This has to be fixed.
11 Replies

Strange, if those tracks are in a playlist on your computer, if you right click on the track does it have a "Go to replacement" option? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@jbradley35 Region errors have always been an issue on logitech squeezebox devices as you'll see from a google search. I believe that some folk have managed to get around this by running the unofficial squeeze server with the triode plugin but this is far from ideal. From this thread, it looks like Spotify/Logitech may be looking for a solution.

I think I'll move this thread into the "other devices" section as it doesn't concern android devices.

@jwylot - Thanks for the response.  This is definately an issue that seems like it could be a pretty easy fix.    Not sure if this could be what is causeing it, but when I go onto the Spotify app within the UE Smart Radio and look at top 100 tracks, it is giving me the top tracks from Sweeden.  I know on my PC and Mobile, it gives me the same for the United States.

Peter - Yes it does.

I think that is what the issue is here. The Spotify client has the ability to "relink" tracks which aren't available in your region to the same track on another album that is, hence why you see the go to replacement. The UE Smart radio application can't do this, it picks up the track URI (unique identifier for the track) and when it tries to play it, that version is not availalbe in your region. 

Peter

Thanks Peter.  Do you know if this is something actively being worked on by Spotify to fix?

Unfortunately not, and without a device to test on I'm really just theorising here! 😉 

All I can think to suggest at the minute is to add the "replacement" tracks to your playlist. 

Peter

The problem is that they are not my playlists.  They are the playlists that Spotify created within the Browse section, so they cannot be edited.

Ah that does present an issue!! I'll let you know if I think of anything clever! 😉

Peter

Hello, I just bought an Ue Smart Radio and has the same problems as jbradley35 describes it.

Verry annoying problem, and even worse that the Radio does not automagically jump to the next track, instead it just goes silent and the user has to manually press on the next button. 😞

I got the exact problem as oloflolof and jbradley35 describes.

I submitted a case to Logitech and this was the answer:

Dear,

Thank you for your reply.

This is the only solution/work around that we have from our end. You can contact Spotify or look online for more support.

There is no "Hide unplayable tracks" option in the UE Smart Radio app. It is possible that this might be added in a future update of the app but I cannot say for sure.

Please reply if you have any other questions.

Please note; if we do not hear back from you within two weeks, we will assume that we were successfully able to resolve your support request and will set it to "solved". In this case, a survey will be sent to you to gather your feedback. 

Once again thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Care.

Kind Regards
Martin
Logitech Europe S.A.
Customer Care - Europe, Middle East and Africa
  07/01/2014 10.50 AM
Hi,

Thank you for your answer!
Yes, you are probably right - the issue seems to occur when Spotify removes a track I've saved to a playlist, which unfortunately happens often (Spotify claims they have to remove tracks due to region licensing).
If this is the case, it explains why the message "this track is not available in your region" appears, but it doesn't explain why UE Smart Radio stops playing the playlist? Why doesn't it just skip the unplayable track and continue to play the next available track? That would solve my problem entirely.
Your proposed solution would probably solve the issue temporary, but even after recreating the playlist now, some tracks would probably become unavailable soon.

Within Spotify's official application, there is an option to "Hide unplayable tracks". Is it possible to set the UE Smart Radio to hide unplayable tracks when browsing and searching tracks on the device?

Thanks again!

07/01/2014 10.30 AM
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Care.

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your Logitech UE Smart Radio. My name is Martin and I will gladly assist you with your request.

I have looked into this issue and I can tell you that sometimes the issue seems to lie with the change of stream within Spotify. Please access Spotify on PC, create a new playlist by adding all the songs manually again. Then log in to Spotify again on your UE Smart Radio and try the playlist.

Please reply with results or if you have any other questions. Please note that you can also reply in Swedish.

Once again thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Care.

Kind Regards
Martin
Logitech Europe S.A.
Customer Care - Europe, Middle East and Africa
  27/12/2013 03.26 PM
I've found a couple of threads describing the same issue:
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-UE/track-not-available-in-your-region-spotify/m-p/993999#M129...

A similar issue also seems to affect the older SqueezeBox Touch:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/Logitech-Squeezebox-touch-app-outdated/td...

Is this a known error which Logitech already are working on?

17/12/2013 10.20 AM
Hi,
I have a reoccurring problem when playing Spotify playlists with my Logitech UE Smart Radio. It all plays fine for a few tracks, but every now and then the music stops after a track. When pressing next the message "The track is not available in your region" appears and the music continues playing for a few tracks again.
The wi-fi signal is constant at full. 
If I play the same playlist via the third-party Spotify app for Logitech Media Server 7.7.3, everything works 100% without any interruptions. The big disadvantage with this solution is that I always have to have my computer running, that's why I bought the UE Smart Radio.
The playlist also works 100% if I listen to it with the ordinary Spotify application on Windows/Mac/Linux.

Another problem I have is that sometimes the music never starts playing when I turn on the UE Smart Radio. After reboot of the device, it all works for a while, refer to the problem above.

I've tried uninstalling the Spotify app and reinstalling.
I've tried increasing the buffer time in the settings.
I've tried both the UE and the Squeezebox firmware.
I've tried both wireless and ethernet.

Is my unit faulty and should be replaced?

Thank you in advance!

Suggested posts