Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Uhhh, they really arent seperate songs!

Uhhh, they really arent seperate songs!

I am new to Spotify.  In fact I am trying it out because my daughter said I just must and because there is that whole 90 day trial which is sufficient to really get a feel.  So far there is a quirk that is insanely annoying.  I have become hypersensitive to it so much so that as soon as its rears its head I experience something akin to what Alex DeLarge felt in the later parts of the book when Ludwig Van was heard except I feel the rage they replace with nausea!  I do not recall this splinter in the eye of my earballs listening to Pandora or iHeart as I have always done prior to giving in to my little girls insistence.  What is it you say…well I will tell you.  Some songs, regardless of how they are listed in the liner notes, are to be played together or not at all…almost without exception.

I just got out of the car where Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall, Part 1 popped up…along with that aforementioned sense of rage.  As it was nearing the “technical” end of its assigned track number...the choppers started, well, chopping and all of a sudden ZZ Top’s Sharp Dressed Man is on.  Now I dig that little ole band from Texas as much as Pink Floyd but seriously?  In what world is playing tracks 1, 2, 3 or 4 alone, or out of order and not leading up 5 in any way acceptable?    I will give you Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2 is often a stand-alone track and while I dont believe it should be, I begrudgingly accept that.  What is absolutely unacceptable is to play Part 1 by itself.  It has to flow into The Happiest Days of Our Lives or it sounds cut off...and that goes for flowing into Part 2 as well.  Really, the entire album should be played start to finish but I do realize that is a bit much for society in general.  The Wall is somewhat unique in this regard as intended, but not unlike Operation Mindcrime in some ways…the “concept albums” as I think they were commonly categorized. 

Still there are other linked songs out there.  I mean who wants to hear Eruption without You Really Got Me seamlessly attached…would you ever listen to Intruder alone?  No, of course you wouldn’t because you have taste, dare I say style, and you know that Pretty Woman should be next and in fact, the two should never be separated. 

I am sure there are plenty of examples we could drudge up and exceptions we might all agree upon but those above, well, you are entitled to disagree but that would not make you correct. 

I have about 60 days of my trial left.  I am a cheap **bleep** so I will not waste 60 days of free service but I fear there will be physical injury visited upon an innocent before this is over if this travesty continues

Thank you and good day!   

0 Replies

Suggested posts